chapter 5

Kats POV:

I sit at the front desk with one hand on my face groaning about how tired I am.

After Nate and I realized how late it was, we said our farewells and went to bed .

At seven am although, the alarm to take Casey to school went off which made me angry at the little device for waking me out of my slumber .

I don't remember getting dressed to take her, all I do remember is getting a cup of coffee , slipping on some shoes, and waking her up.

All the rest is a mystery to me. Once I got back from taking her, I showered and got ready for work which is me in a navy sweater and leggings paired with brown boots. No time to bother with my hair , so I resided to putting it in a high messy bun. Suzan doesn't mind what i look like, she always says "You're gorgeous either way darling."

One time I showed up to work really late, in my pajamas bottoms and a tee shirt. She gave me a surprised look, but regardless she still called me pretty.

Suzan is the sweetest woman I know. She is five foot two, in her late seventies , and has short grey hair. I met her when I came to this bookstore in 10th grade looking for a novel I had to read for class. She let me have the book with no charge. Ever since then I came here after my shift at the Rib Shack, and read for hours. Once I got out of high school she offered me a job.

That's how I'm here now, almost drooling all over the desk in desperate need for a nap. I'm supposed to be checking accounts for any late books, but I can't help but doze off every two seconds.

"Darling, you look like you need some coffee." Suzan startles me from behind. I sit up abruptly and turn around. She is standing there with a cart of returned books and a smile upon her features. A chuckle escapes her lips at my reaction.

"Sorry Suzan, I didn't get much sleep last night. To answer your question, yes I am in desperate need of some. " I tell her relaxing.

"I suppose you must've had a wild night if you were up late" Only if she knew. I laugh knowing my thoughts are going towards the conversation with Nate last night.

"Not exactly, I'm not really the party type. I was actually talking to a boy..." I say the last word below a whisper.

She cocks her head in confusion. "You were talking to whom?" Suzan asks me putting on hand on her hip. I sigh with a smile on my face. Knowing her, she won't give up until I tell her.

"A boy."

Suzan's eyes light up with happiness; her little body starts jumping up and down with excitement. It is the cutest thing I've ever witnessed. Multiple laughs escape my lips witnessing her excitement. She quickly pushes the cart away and sits in the chair next to me.

"Tell me everything."

So over the next couple of hours, I tell her everything. We gossip like teenagers and squeal at cute things he's said. Suzan is all for team Nate. I describe what he looks like and how he acts , which has her fawn of him.

Suzan tells me that is exactly how she felt about her high school sweetheart which has been her husband for the past fifty years.

We kept talking about him , as we put books back on the shelves and checked people out. Nate has been my conversations for the past two days.

During our conversations I tell her I think my emotions are moving way too fast for meeting him only two days ago, but Suzan tells me I'm in an awestruck phase right now no real feelings are attached. She is correct, who wouldn't be like this If a handsome male flirted with you? I mean he is hot . There is no denying that.