Chapter IX

CHAPTER IX: School trip (part two)

The labs at the UIC were white and clean, almost unreal. The second part of the trip consisted on visiting the facilities of the university, especially the science ones. One of the university staff and the three teachers guided us through the plain and modern hallways. Lots of young people walked from here to there, anxious because of exams, or happily talking with their friends. They looked at us curiously while the whole group paraded through the university between shouting and laughing.

Stella and Amy stayed by my sides and grinned at every hottie they encountered, hitting me with their elbow so I could see. I'm not gonna lie, there were a bunch of real hotties there, but none of them smiled or even looked my way. The professor was talking about the life of a college student, how the rents were paid, how to survive in a student center... It was really interesting, but it was obvious that they craved new students and wanted more money.

We stood in the labs, where a student of Biological Sciences explained what her major and bachelor's degree was all about. She was talking animatedly and everyone stayed quiet while listening to her. She was very pretty and the boys didn't last much before starting to murmur things. We were shown some of the basic tools in the lab and got in pairs to try and see some cells in a saliva sample under the microscope. 

"Man, I just see blue dots with more intense dots inside!" Tyson cried out with his eyes still on the lens.

"Those are the cells, dumbass," I informed him, rolling my eyes.

"Ah! Yeah! I see 'em, then," he laughed excitedly.

"Really hard not to..." I murmured under my breath so he couldn't hear.

"It's so gross, tho, like... We're literally analyzing someone's spit," he groaned and let me see through the microscope. 

"Ew, shut up, I don't want to think about that!" 

"Imagine looking at your own cum, that would be amazing," Tyson thought aloud. I sent him a scandalized glare.

"Tyson! That's so gross!"

"Just imagine your little unborn babies swimming around. Heh, so cute," he continued, looking up as if he was imagining it. I held back a gag.

"How are we doing, guys," the girl approached us, apparently not having heard Tyson.

"I... I... Hi, um..." Ty babbled, like an angel had stopped before him. I rolled my eyes.

"We're doing great, thanks."

"Sweet. You like science?" she asked both of us.

"I like you... your! Your lab!" Tyson exclaimed, his face all red. The girl frowned but smiled awkwardly.

"Um... I do like science. But it's not my real passion," I confessed to her, drawing my eyes off the microscope to look at her. 

"What are you gonna study then?" 

"Oh, no, I'm gonna study science," I pointed out. She sighed and looked at me with a gaze that could have easily passed through my body.

"You're going to study something you don't like because of your parents, right?" 

"Uh... N-no, I really like science!"

"Hm... I don't really believe so but... If you're sure that's what you really want to do, go ahead. But be really careful with letting other people's opinion get in your way. You'll really regret not studying what you really enjoy," she kindly explained and, after patting my shoulder, she left to another pair.