♡ Chapter 6 - Processing thoughts ♡

A/n: embrace yourselves, this is quite a long one.

~~~~~🍥~~~~~

~the next morning~

Alaina's POV •

"Who in the world—" I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing, after blinking a few times to adjust my blurry sight I look at the caller ID.

'Oh shoot! I forgot to call Gina' I think to myself as I pickup the phone, trying to be as quiet as possible seeing a sleeping Felix beside me.

"Hello?" I whisper into the phone, Felix slightly shuffling at my side.

"WHY THE HECK DIDN'T YOU ANSWER YOUR STUPID PHONE, KANG ALAINA?!?!" Gina yelled at me. She's always been worried about me, and considering I never spend the night out without calling her, I knew she wouldn't calm down if I didn't tell her what was going on.

"Hold on, lemme just go somewhere else to talk" I whispered again, this time moving Felix's arm that was around my waist and walking to the bathroom, closing the door behind me.

"Okay, so you won't BELIEVE what happened last night!" I couldn't help but smile, remembering all that had happened the day before.

"This better be good, Alaina. You NEVER miss my calls."

"Oh trust me, you're gonna love this! —" I said before continuing, "So... IfoundLixieyesterdayandspentthenightathisplace!" I said at an inhuman speed, Eminem would cry.

"Omg are you SERIOUS?!?! Like LIXIE LIXIE?!?! YOUR SOULMATE LIXIE?!?!" Somehow she managed to understand every single word I said, I guess it's our bestfriend telepathy.

"YES!!" I said before filling her in on all that had happened yesterday.

~~🍥~~

"A MAFIA?!?! Oh c'mon, Felix used to cry with you when you had period cramps." We both laughed at her remark until I heard a knock at the door.

"Ok Gina, I have to hang up now, talk to you later!"

"Buh-bye pipsqueak!" I rolled my eyes as I hung up, opening the door to the sight of a sleepy Felix rubbing one of his eyes.

"Who were you talking to?" His morning voice, low and raspy, echoed in the bathroom.

"Remember Gina? —" I ask as I wrap my arms around his neck and he holds my waist, he just nods as a response. "She wanted to know why I didn't come home last night." As I said that he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"You're living with Gina?" Oh yeah, I forgot to fill him in on my life.

"Yeah, so... I already told you about Mom's passing, but remember how she had this massive debt to the bank? Well, she never paid it back, so I had to work a bunch of odd jobs to pay it off, and last week I finally managed to do so! BUT I ended up having to sell the house and everything in it to do so, so now I'm staying with Gina until I can find me an actual job to rent a place to stay..." I said looking down, a little embarrassed about my current situation.

Suddenly he pulls me closer, still hugging my waist with one arm while patting my head with his other hand, my head against his chest.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there to help you, I wish I never had left and stayed by your side, my love."

"It's okay Lixie, I know you had... well, all of -this- to take care of." I said wiping a tear that fell from his eye with my thumb, cupping his cheek.

"But it's not okay, you were and will always be my top priority. That's it! —" his face suddenly lights up "— you're moving in with me!"

"You sure do have some crazy ideas, Lix" I chuckled, "but sure, it's not like I have any other option. And before you say anything I WILL get a job to buy things for myself, I'm not letting you spoil me completely!" I laughed as he pouted. "Now c'mon, I'm getting hungry!"