♡ Chapter 15 - No Harm ♡

- 3rd person pov

"Sir, I would rethink our offer if I were you," Alaina and Felix were currently sitting at a long meeting table, some old politician on the other side as they discussed apparent deals, "We really have nothing to gain from this, but I thought we could help you some."

"And work for you?! Absolutely not!! Boys!" As quick as that a group of five men pointed their guns at the couple, Felix stifling a laugh as Alaina slowly stood.

"Well, that wasn't very smart Mr. Huh. I'm afraid this is where we end this meeting." She finished her sentence by pulling out a pair of twin daggers from her belt. She was right when she said guns weren't really her thing - blades, on the other hand, she dominated those.

And just like that the couple was on their feet and lunging at the other side, leaving the elder in complete shock as they knocked out all five of them in a split second, "Care to reconsider the offer now, sir?"

----------

"You did amazing boss!"

"Great work boss."

"Nice skills out there boss!"

She only bowed as a thank you. That's right, she. After Felix's recovery, he saw all she had built on her own while he was gone, and as he never thought he was really fit for the job, he was more than happy to resign from his position so she would be in charge. It took some convincing, but once he finally got it in her head that she could do it, she agreed. Now they were partners in crime (pun intended) as she demanded his presence anywhere she went, and how could he say no to watching his fiance kick some butt.

As they walked through the hall, hand in hand, all Alaina could think was

'If my soulmate mark makes everyone know how much I love this man, then I'll proudly show it to every one of our enemies, consider it a threat to whoever decides to hurt my sunshine ever again. I'll be by his side forever, there's no harm in it, right?'

The end.

Welp, that took me forever, sorry lol.

My writing style changed a lot in these past few months so I wanted to rewrite this so bad (not to change the plot but just the way that it was told), but I held it in until I finished. So now that it's done I'll happily do it ;)

Thank you so much for reading this, it took 10,000 years to finish but I'm so grateful for whoever read this far. I promise my next books - if I get to publish them - won't be this delayed between updates (I'm pre-writing a couple just to try it out).

But at last, this was 'The "No Harm" List', thank you for reading, ily and see you next time!