*Chapter 15*

3rd pov

After the girls heard the news about the press confrence later today they all got abit anxious about the possible reactions of people.

BoA was home today and the girls where now all at Y/n's place to watch the press confrence.

It was also because they didn't want to be near that building when news like this was being told to the public.

They were all sitting on the couch together, waiting for Jyp to come out of the builing to hold his important 'speech'

BoA was trying to calm all the girls down as best as she could and just be there for them, no matter how this would turn out.

"Omg, he's here. I'm gonna barf!"

"LET'S JUST ALL RELAX!"

"THEN WHY ARE YOU YELLING UNNIE?!"

"BECAUSE-"

"girls! Calm down! I get that this is scary, but we don't know how this will turn out. Let's just be quiet because he's about to begin."

Once again, BoA had to calm the girls down. They turned their attention to the tv.

"Hello everyone, thank you for being here."

"I know that this press confrence might come out of the blue, but due to recent developments within Itzy, this was the best course of action, and we want to share it with you all"

"It's 2021, and this year, JYP entertainment wants to focus more on 'acceptance'. The times are changing, and so are our perspectives of the world"

"Itzy is all about being yourself and accepting everybody for who they are."

"The reason why we want to highlight this topic evenmore is because of the recent changes in Itzy"

"We have decited to pull back the dating ban for Itzy because there were only 2 months left anyways, and we didn't see a reason to keep it in place any longer"

"With that being said, we have an announcement to make regarding one of the Itzy members"

Everyone in the Kwon household was now holding hands and on the edge of their seats. Chaeryeong and Y/n gave eachother one final look before their world was about to chance forever

"Lee Chaeryeong is in a relationship. We have talked with her and the other members and they wanted to share this with the public, and show that it's okay to love who you want to love, no matter what gender."

"Chaeryeong is officially dating Kwon Y/n since the begining of this year."

People started to talk loudly now and asking questions, but before Jyp wanted to anwser a couple of them, he wanted to finish the rest of his statement.

"People! I get that this is a newer situation for some of you, but I want you to know that JYP entertainment is fully behind the two girls and will continue to support them and the group."

"The girls decited that they want to inspire others and show that loving in any way is okay no matter what. It starts with open minds, so I ask you all now, please continue to support Itzy and Y/n in their careers."

"I will now answer some questions.."

"Mr. Jyp! Is Chaeryeong a lesbian?"

"Chaeryeong has chosen not to label herself, which is completly fine. As for Y/n, she identifice herself as a lesbian."

"What were the other members reactions?"

"The rest of the girls where all accepting from the beginning. They're all very happy for both of them"

"What made them decide to come out with their relationship?"

"When I talked to the girls about this, they told me that they were tired of hiding their love for eachother, which is understandble. The wanted to make an impect on people who struggle with this themselfs, and show that they aren't alone."

"JYP entertainment is fully aboard with this. Our goal  for our idols is to be who they want to be and we want to create a safe space for the LGBTQ+ community in our company AND in the entertainment industry. Ofcourse we want to change the view of the world and show that it's a normal thing to love"

"That will be all for today, thank you"

And with that, he walked back into the building while the people outside were still yelling for him.

BoA turned off the tv and all of a sudden, all of their phones were going WILD with notifications.

Chaeryeong and Y/n didn't even want to look, but the other members wanted to see what it was all about.

At this point Chaeryeong was getting really anxious.

"Hey, come sit here on my lap. I'll hold you close"

Chaeryeong climmed into Y/n's lap and put her face in her neck.

Y/n put her arms around her and patted her back to calm her down a bit

"So...is it bad?"

The girls all looked at eachother and then smiled a little

"You are trending world wide...in a mostly positive way..."

================================
Hellooo,

If you were wondering, I have no idea how to properlly talk to big crowds myself, so writing a press confrence scene was kinda chaotic😅but I made it through. I hope it wasn't that bad, just know that I tried. Also, I wanted to say that none of this is real information, it's all from my imagenation.

Hope you"ll have a nice day!

~Blue♡