chapter three

.  ·  。. ·  ゜✭

✫  ·  ゜· 。

✫ · ゜· 。.

03. tripped out

ANNIE COVERED HER FACE WITH HER HANDS, KEEPING HER SOBS MUFFLED. It came crashing down on her suddenly that she had no one. Erik probably hated her, and so did all of his friends. And to top all of this off, she hated herself too. She continuously wasn't good enough, not for her family, not for Erik, not even for herself.

She tugged at her roots, trying to replace the emotional pain and heartbreak she felt at that moment with physical. She tried to suck it all in, and even tried wishing for the ground to come take her now and swallow her whole, so she wouldn't have to disappoint everyone anymore. She hated that feeling.

She sucked in a sharp breath before clasping her hand over her mouth, keeping her sobs securely contained. Her body shook with each short breath she took. She didn't want to alert any of the other passengers of her situation.

She used breathing techniques her therapist taught her. Deep breath, eyes closed. She focused on her breathing and getting it back to normal pace, but her chest still jerked upward occasionally. She faced the mirror, seeing how puffy and red her eyes were.

"Deep breaths..." She muttered as she turned the faucet to her desired temperature of warmth and put her hands beneath it, splashing some water onto her face, causing some of her loose hairs to become damp. At least on board she could catch up on some sleep. Happy thoughts, she breathed in calmly and then out.

After wiping her face with a paper towel, she exited the bathroom, thinking no one would be able to notice her state, as you could still notice her red eyes if you looked close enough. However, Charles did see, though he didn't say anything due to Hank being sat beside him. He didn't want to bring her anymore embarrassment as he had earlier.

She moved passed Erik to her seat beside the window. He instinctively put his arm around her arm, intertwining their hands. She stared out of her window, watching the white clouds as they slowly moved.

On the car drive to the path that would lead to the commune area, Annie watched the trees and different landmarks pass by. Charles drove the car quietly, occasionally responding to something they discussed.

"Oh, my God, the women here." Logan gaped after seeing a group of girls through his window. Annie stopped herself from rolling her eyes. She hated men like him, who only viewed women as sex dolls for them to use. His head lulled to the side, looking toward Charles. "What is it that makes them hotter?"