chapter four

.  ·  。. ·  ゜✭

✫  ·  ゜· 。

✫ · ゜· 。.

04. party favor

ANNIE MURMURED INCOHERENTLY UNDER HER BREATH AS HER EYES SOON FLUTTERED OPEN. Her eyes landed firstly on the grass she laid on, feeling the high from earlier reaching its end and wearing off. She wondered if she actually experienced any of the events from earlier: Running into the forest because of a monster she saw in the mirror, which was herself. She was the monster.

"How long was I asleep?" She asked in a croaky voice, turning on her side to peer at Erik, who loomed above her, watching her attentively.

"I mean, we found you here, like, six hours ago." Erik chuckled, the grass bending beneath his weight.

Annie gazed at the other members of their group. Logan sat on a backpack, clutching his wrist, as his elbows were propped on his knees, and Hank held a rolled up mat of some sort, rubbing his eyes. She guessed they awoke from sleep as well.

"Did it get dark at all?" She questioned, blinking owlishly at Erik.

"For a couple of hours, not completely." He answered, looking back at her.

Her eyebrows drew close, confused about plenty of happenings, even what day it was. "Is it tomorrow?" She then asked, gazing at a particular piece of grass in the distance before back at Erik.

"From yesterday's perspective." He smirked slightly, narrowing his eyes at her in a playful way. He chortled at the inquiry. He pushed himself off of the ground beside her as a cool wind blew passed, offering his hand to her. "Come on."

She smiled when she noticed Charles carrying two bags, accepting the invitation, and Erik helped her up with little trouble. "Where are we going, Charles?" She asked him, keeping her eyes glued on his cerulean ones that brung out the softness in his features ━ truly bringing out his angelic aura. It made his heart flutter, and a visible smile formed on his features. His friends brushed it off as him simply being friendly, per usual. It worked out for him, though.

"What we came for." He licked his lips, tightening his grip on the strap of his bag, so it would remain hoisted on his shoulder.

The group of people filled with peace walked down a path similar to the one they took the day prior ━ or was it the same day they arrived? Annie looped her arm with Erik's, swaying slightly as they did so, the two constantly leaning on each other for support ( all playful ). She liked the shade the trees provided, shielding her skin from the beady sun, it made the long walk less grueling.