yours truly, austin post 3.1

Dinner was ready and Austin never came back to the kitchen. I quickly made myself a plate and announced that there was food ready in the kitchen in the large group text with the crew. I noticed the large back patio outside and made my way out to the table.

I ate in silence, happy that I brought the wine bottle to keep me company at least. I got lost in my thoughts as I gave up on refilling the wine glass. I took a large swig right from the bottle. What if it would always be like this if I moved in with Austin in a few months. I could handle the loneliness in my apartment, but I don't think I could do it in this big house.

"Straight from the bottle, Meadow Rae?" Austin questioned.

I took another large swig before I responded.

"Look who remembered his girlfriend." I said sarcastically.

Austin took the bottle out of my handle and placed a kiss to my lips. I huffed about him taking my bottle away.

"Dinner was yummy, baby." Austin said with a pouty face.

"Good." I said shortly while taking my bottle back.

"Come on, let's go up to our room and I'll grab a real bottle of wine from the cellar. You can have that ice cream that I know you won't share too." Austin said.

"Fine, only because wine and ice cream are involved." I huffed.

He grabbed for my hand and led me upstairs to his large bedroom. There was a comfy looking cali king bed in the middle of the room. I got a running start and starfished onto the bed. Austin giggled at me and handed me the remote to the television.

"Get comfy and I'll be right back sunshine." Austin said.

I noticed the large UnHide blanket that was strewn at the foot of the bed. I quickly wrapped it around me, embracing how soft the blanket was. Austin came back with my ice cream and the bottle of wine.

"This blanket is coming with us when we leave tomorrow." I told Austin.

"That's fine sunshine." Austin said with a smile.

He handed me my ice cream and reached for the wine opener that was on the coffee table. He poured a glass of Maison No. 9. I rolled my eyes, of course he picked his own wine again.

"Hey it's good wine, and I haven't seen you complain about it before." Austin said.

I took a long sip of the wine and cuddled into the blanket.

"You know, I've never had a chill night like this since I've lived here." Austin said sadly.

I put my ice cream on the bedside table and crawled over Austin. I placed my head on his shoulder to let him know that I was there.

"It's always a constant fucking party around here and I'm always footing the bill. I should be able to relax in my own fucking home without having shots shoved down my fucking throat." Austin complained.

"I'm sorry Aust, I really am baby." I said sadly.

I couldn't know what he was feeling by experience, but I could sense the hurt that was radiating off of him.

"I promise when I move in that we'll make some changes around here." I said.

"You're really going to move in Meadow?" Austin asked.

"Yes Aust, I can't leave our puppy motherless." I joked.

Austin tangled his hand into the hair on the back of my head. He pulled me towards him and smashed our lips together. His lips lingered on mine for several seconds.