up there 1.2

It was Thursday night before Austin would be in town. The heavy traffic of tourists had already began to pick up.

The constant sound of engines and tires squealing down the main strip had started to get to me. I could handle the bumping of bass from the bar downstairs, but a change in my routine wasn't going well.

Ivory and Bennett's parents owned a beautiful property on the edge of town. Their property went on for acres and was the best spot for golden hour.

I wanted to take advantage of the short period of time I'd have with the sunlight. I needed to add to my personal portfolio if I were to ever do anything with photography myself.

I sent Bennett a text.

Meadow 🌻
You busy? I wanted to get some shots done on your parents property before the sun ran out.

Bennett 👨🏼‍🍳
I'm actually at the property now. If you wanted me to model for you, you just need to ask Med 😈

I rolled my eyes at this text. Bennett and I had always had a sibling like relationship. There was always a little more to it though. Once and awhile there's be casual flirting, but it never went past that.

Meadow 🌻
Yup Benny, I just wanted to ogle at you 🥵 I'll be over in 15!

Bennett 👨🏼‍🍳
Don't act like you don't love me 💕

I grabbed the keys to my 2014 Ford Escape and headed down the back stair case. The normal bartender greeted me as I walked out the back door.

As soon as I got into the car I hooked my Bluetooth up. My usual playlist shuffled and landed on Up There.

"Went for a ride in the dead of night. And told myself that everything's alright."

I scoffed at the lyric, relating deeply. The winding roads around Deadwood knew me very well. I had spent several nights during the weeks following Aiken and I's breakup driving these roads.

Just me and my radio as loud as I wanted. Taylor Swift songs were scream sang as I wallowed in my breakup pain.

I try my best to forget about those nights. I didn't know how to get myself out of the fog I found myself in. I needed the help of Ivory and Bennett, and luckily they were willing to help me.

I took my last left turn and turned onto their property. The sun was right at the perfect setting point so I had to hurry if I wanted any good shots.

I met Bennett in the middle of the field that they've been letting grow over. He was wearing just simple jeans and tee, but he made it look good.

"Benny just do whatever. You're photogenic just like your sister. I just need some up close shots of those emerald eyes."