Chapter Four

"I'll be back," Thomas told me, heading out of the room. "I have to go to the bathroom."

I sat in bed for several minutes. Then what was several minutes, was now an hour. I got out of bed, put on my shirt, and went to search for Thomas. I found Thomas curled in the corner of the bathroom. His head was tucked into his legs and his arms were squeezing them closer. "Thomas!" I yelled, racing towards him. "Tommy, what happened?" I asked, bending down to sit next to him. "Wicked is good. Wicked is good." He mumbled. "Thomas, what the bloody hell is going on?" I said, removing his head from his legs. I stumbled back as I saw his face. He was pale. His lips were cracked and bleeding. Repeating the words over and over until his voice was dry. His eyes frightened me the most, however. His eyes were blank.

I carried Thomas to the medics. "What's bloody wrong with him?" I asked. "Please tell me he'll be ok." "I don't know," the one medic told me. "It's like he's been drugged. But we don't have any in the glade," the other exclaimed. Then I looked at Thomas's neck. Right beside the mark from where Gally put the thing in him is another mark. The veins are black around it. Gally. I spoke to myself. He's working for Wicked.

I sprinted out of the room. "Where you going, Newt?" It was him. Gally had been waiting for me outside of the medics. "You're working for Wicked. Aren't you, shank?" I spat the words. "Now you realise. And yes, I am. They told me to see how long it would take to break you, the glader's second in command leader." I tackled Gally and thrashed at him. "I bloody hate you! You shank!" I screamed, punching the side of his ribs. "Kill me and Thomas dies, Wicked will make sure of it, slinthead."