2 - Star Crossed Rivals

By 11 PM, the city had turned quiet

In this silence, Meiko thrived. Usually, she would be walking around the city, for night patrols, but tonight she stayed in the office at her agency. Ryu, Ichika and Kagura had long left for their homes and only she had stayed behind.

Well, it wasn't like she was going to go anywhere else since she lived just a block away from her agency, in an apartment building that was a little isolated. It would barely take her a minute to get back home if she used her star form. 

Meiko got up from her chair and stretched her arms. Wandering over to the sole window in her office, she stared out, eyes scanning the familiar sights. Almost all buildings were shrouded in darkness, with only the light coming from the lamp posts giving a little amount of visibility on the street. It was dark and it just looked utterly lonely. 

'Lonely like me, huh?' She thought with a sad smile. 

Shaking her head, Meiko turned back to stare at her office, which was lit up quite brightly. It was such a strangely decorated place, with random stuff scattered across all the walls. One entire wall was dedicated to news articles and posters made about her. It was rather pretentious to have something like that on display, but Meiko was damn proud of everything she had done so far and the wall also served as a great mood booster. 

The pale blue walls of this office and the rest of the agency were like home to her.

Meiko sighed. She really needed to get some rest, but first paperwork had to be done. She walked back to her desk, and stared at the open files that were scattered all over it. A few of them were old reports she was catching up on, but the one at the top was the current case she was working on. 

It was a simple drug smuggling case and tomorrow would be the day Meiko, along with Ichika and Ryu, put in a raid on the warehouse of the people behind this. But that was all meant for tomorrow. She turned off the desk lamp and walked to the other side of the desk, grabbing a small bag that hung from opposing chairs. It was time to go home.

 It was time to go home