5 - Soap Opera Family Drama

There was nothing to be done, but to expect that Meiko would have to pair up with Hawks for a lot longer than she liked

In her star form, she became starlight itself, floating through the daylight sky over Fukuoka and keeping an eye on the city below. It was a wonderful city and she loved it. There was no place better to have set up her Hero Agency. Fukuoka Tower was coming again and on a distant glance, Meiko could see Hawks already waiting there.

Ugh. He was fast. But she wasn't late either.

She landed on the metallic net-like structure, her physical body slowly taking its shape. Hawks didn't even seem surprised to see that.

"You're late," He told her with a lazy grin.

"I'm on time," Meiko sent him a slight glare. "You're early."

"And faster than you. Don't forget that," He was far too casual for the morning. She had the strongest urge to roll her eyes, but she pushed it away.

"Whatever," Meiko pretended to stretch her arms, even though she didn't really need to. It was just for show. "Let's go."

"Race you?" Hawks asked, smirking as he pulled down his goggles to cover his eyes.

"What's in it for me?"

"I'll buy you dinner from a place you want for three days."

"Make it a week and I'm in. Fair warning, I have expensive taste," Meiko said. If Hawks was going to spend his money, you'd best believe she was going to make him spend a lot.

"Done. And if I win," Hawks started to speak, tapping his chin as though he was deciding something very important. Then he looked at her. "I think I'll decide later."

"Yeah yeah, let's go now."

"No need to hurry, love."

"Says the hero who is always in a rush."

But in a blaze of starlight and scarlet colored wings, both heroes took off towards their destination.

Kataoka Corporation was located in a typical office building. It also looked like a typical corporate office. Usually, you'd find people in the lobby, especially near the start of the day, but since it was around 10:30 in the morning when they had arrived, the workers of the company would still be busy. So, the lobby was empty and for that Meiko was utterly grateful.