"Tee Tee"

Plot:  Toni  gets  braces  and  insecurity  rears  its  ugly  head

Trying  something  new  this  chapter!

9th  Grade

Toni: 14

Cheryl: 13

🐻  🐻  🐻

Summer  of  8th  grade  had  ended  and  the  girls  were  now  off  to  9th  grade  to  start  their  new  school  journeys  as  high school  freshman.

Toni  had  been  avoiding  Cheryl  all  week,  even  when  the  redhead  had  showed  up  for  their  normal  weekend  sleepover  Toni  begged  her  mother  to  tell  Cheryl  she  was  sick.

Every  since  she  was  young  Toni  knew  she  would  need  braces,  she  just  didnt  know  how  much  she'd  hate  them.

No  matter  how  many  times  Grace  assured  her  the  young  teen  was  sure  she  looked  aweful.

She  spent  hours  in  the  mirror,  her  teeth  on  full  display  as  she  examined  them  from  different  angles.  Her  mouth  felt  weird,  and  in  the  past  days  she  was  sure  her  braces  got  stuck  on  her  bottom  lip.  It  hurt  like  hell  and  she  threw  a  complete  fit  over  it.  Her  lip  was  still  sore  when  she  woke  up  for  the  first  day  of  school,  but  unlike  the  others  days  the  girl  refused  to  look  at  herself  in  the  mirror,  especially  when  she  brushed  her  teeth.

Grace  sighed  when  she  saw  her  clearly  miserable  daughter  stomp  down  the  stairs. 

"Lighten  up  Antoinette,  you  dont  look  bad  at  all.  You  are  still  as  beautiful  as  you  were  when  you  didnt  have  them."

Still  Toni  frowned,  rolling  her  eyes.

"You  have  to  say  that.  You're  my  mom  I'm  sure  the  others  will  disgree... " 

Maybe  even  Cheryl.

The  small  voice  in  her  head  practically  whispered  as  she  grabbed  a  yogurt  from  the  fridge. 

"Please  Toni  dont  think  that  way-"

"Can  we  please  go  so  I  can  get  it  over  with?"  Her  voice,  soft  and  pleading  as  she  spoke  to  her  mother.  She  was  near  tears  possibly  at  the  thought  of  having  to  endure  more  bullying  from  her  classmates.  As  time  went  on  she  got  used  to  it,  but  that  didnt  mean  it  didnt  hurt  still.  There  are  still  plenty  of  times  where  Cheryl  has  found  Toni  crying  alone,  wiping  her  tears  with  her  shirt  sleeve  pretending  that  everything  was  fine.

But  it  wasnt.

She  hated  it.

"Please  Mommy..."  She  knew  better  than  to  ask  to  stay  home, as  her  mother  wouldnt  allow  her  to  miss  such  an  important  day  of  school.  It  sucked,  but  she  had  no  control  in  the  matter.