Midnight Meetings

Plot: Toni and Cheryl have both had a bad night so they sneak out of their homes and meet at the park to cool down

*  End  of  6th  Grade  *

Ages:

Toni:  12

Cheryl:  11

🌸  🌸  🌸

Cheryl was once again thrown to the floor. Clifford, upset with the girl for accidentally spilling her soup all over their nice table. She didnt mean to, with a big group of people around her, mixed with the sounds of different voices and music in her ears she was a bit overwhelmed. She tried to be on her very best behavior just like her parents had told her to. She was seated up straight, eyes facing the lights above her to prevent looking into the strangers faces. Gently she rocked in her seat trying hard not to cup her hands over her ears as wealthy business men laughed loudly beside her. She tried, she did, but the moment a rough hand touched her shoulder she flipped, it scared her and she reached for Jason's hand on the side of her but in doing that her hand hit her bowl sending the soup not only on the expensive cloth on the table but on the rich bastards all white suit.

As soon as she heard the angry outcry from the man she knew the rest of the night would be hell for her. Her hands finally went up to her ears releiving herself from the loud sounds for a moment. Her eyes clamped shut as her rocking got more and more frantic the more she thought of her fathers rage.

"You embarrassed all of us!" Clifford yelled as Cheryl stood to her feet.

Clifford was furious. He yelled at her, screaming to the top of his lungs about how they had appearances to uphold. According to her father she was making the Blossom family look bad.

Nana Rose simply shook her head at the girls treatment knowing there was nothing she could do to bring an end to it.

Cheryl had her hands over her ears trying hard not to cry as her father unleashed his anger onto her. Jason was sent to his room and Nana Rose was to be put in bed by Penelope while Cheryl suffered her punishment.

"Mmmm..." The girl hummed in fear watching as her brother, her protector was sent away. She went to walk after him but Clifford grabbed her hard by her colar pulling her so hard she fell to the floor.

She cried, like she always did when she knew she was in big trouble. Jason unfortunately had disappeared into his room leaving Cheryl alone with her angry father.

Her father reached for her wrist pulling her with him toward the basement. Immediately she tried to pull away, she knew exactly what he was going to do and she already wanted it over and done with. The more she struggled the harder his grip got until it was so hard Cheryl couldnt help but refrain from moving.

She threw her into the basement her knees scratching the hard floor. Her hair had since unraveled from the low ponytail it was in sending her hair over her face.

"Hold out your hands. Now."

She watched as he picked up a switch from the table. He had picked it himself. All for him to torture her more with. She shook her head placing her hands under her bottom.

She cried, her breathing erratic as she chocked over her own sharp breaths. "Ahhhh!" She screamed when he once again pulled her arms forcing her to her knees.