Change is Good, Right?

Imagination is everything. Man would not discover painting or drawing without imagination and creativity. Imagination helps us invent and create the things that make our lives easier like the telephone which now comes in various shapes and sizes and in different colors and designs.

We will not be alive without imagination.

Creative thoughts ran through my mind, alright. For the last couple of days I've been starting and burning my work for the gallery show. I just can't let go of the mental stress that came with the show. I don't want anyone to notice me if and only if I do a good job. And it would be worse if they'll remember me because my work becomes ugly and substandard.

"Faye." Mom called through the doorway of my garage-studio. She was holding a tray with lemon squares and apple juice. Today was one of her rare day-offs and she decided to spend it with me.

"Hey Mom. You don't have to bring me snacks you know." I said as I took the tray from her and placed it on the table. She sat down on my double-stuffed black couch with waterproof leather, something I bought with my savings.

"But I want to, dear. Wow. This is really comfy. You could host a club-themed graduation party here. We could bring in a DJ and a disco ball, and a bar! Your paintings would be hung on every piece of wall and lowlights will illuminate them." Mom chatted excitedly. I sat beside her.

"Mom. I'm far from graduation, you know. There's still a semester to go and the gallery show and prom and exams. Besides, I don't think a bar can fit in here let alone lots of people." I said jokingly. She laughed.

"I'm just telling you what I'm thinking. You have to reciprocate. What's wrong, baby?" She hugged me closer to her.

I can't tell her now.

"Mom, it's nothing you have to worry about."

"Nothing? I don't have to worry about you? You've been coped up in here for days starting and restarting on multiple paintings. What's wrong? Tell me."

"Well. I am kind of afraid of the end result of this show. I don't want anyone to be disappointed in me."

"Faye, it's going to be alright. You are talented. Believe in yourself."

Oh, Mom, I thought, if only I can do that.

Mom left. I hate myself at times like this. I can't humiliate my family anymore.

I grabbed a new canvas and started painting again. Being free to paint anything I want always makes me happy.

~~~

"Faye!" A boy about my age approached me. The hallway was pretty empty by the time my first class ended so I took the opportunity to get stuff from my locker which was located near the gardens. The boy was at least 3 inches taller than my 5'8" form.He was very tall, his soft and shiny.black hair was styled perfectly, he is fair-skinned, and he has the most tantalizing eyes ever, I can't care what color they are. He was also well-toned and lean. His face structure was amazing. He looked like a god. He was a living work of art.

"Hullo." I replied. I smiled timidly at him.

"Hi, I'm Brian Wolfe."

"Yes, I know you. Faye Adams."

We shook hands and I quickly pulled my hand back.

"So, I'm also one of the guys to present in the gallery."

"Oh. Have you finished?"

He smiled brightly at me. The way his eyes twinkled made my heart leap.

"Well, if you call this done then yeah."

He showed me a medium-sized canvas with a plain blue background. I laughed.

"Hey, we have the same work progress." I replied tugging awkwardly at the strap of my backpack.

"Yeah. It's so hard to think of a suitable concept. Do you know what I mean?" He leaned against the wall beside him.

"Yeah. I get it. I haven't even gotten enough sleep the whole weekend just thinking about it." I said casually, arranging my things and getting ready for the next class in an hour.

"Yeah. Hey, do you wanna hang out tomorrow night? I mean we could talk about possible concepts and you know, uh, let's be friends." He said cheerfully, taking my bag. I blushed. He smiled at me again.

"You don't need to do that and yeah, I'll go with you." I blushed some more at my answer.

"Great. Let's go together after school. And please, we have the same class next." He awkwardly led the way to the next building.

I secretly smiled to myself.

I do hope he really wants to be friends.

What a change to my weekly routine.