Epilogue

Everyone in middle-earth who thought something of himself travelled to the halls of the Elvenking. It was the coronation of his new Queen, Eluriel. The ceremony united dwarves, hobbits, menkind and elves as they celebrated a new reign.

The feast was merrier than ever but still, without gaining too much attention, the new Queen left to find a small balcony near the festivities. Her crown was sitting on her auburn hair as the wind played with it and as she looked down she saw Legolas playing with his wife Tauriel and his daughter Lalaith in the gardens.

She sighed happily at the sight when two arms found their way around her waist. "What is it?" the voice of the King sounded as he rested his chin in the crook of her neck. "You know, when I first met you, I hated you," Eluriel said and Thranduils chest vibrated from laughter. "And now?" he asked her. "Now I am not so sure anything has changed," she teased. "Then maybe I need to convince you?" the King teased back and captured her lips in a light kiss. "I think I need more convincing," Eluriel chuckled.

The couple turned around and watched the sunset, his chin resting on her head now.

"Gi melin nenluin."

"Gi melin Thranduil."

Little did they know there was a silhouette watching them from afar. A beautiful elleth shimmering like a ghost. She watched her former husband with his wife and then looked at her granddaugher.

"A change of hearts indeed. All hail Queen Eluriel of Mirkwood, long may she reign."

And maybe, maybe not, but Eluriel could've sworn that the constellation of the fallen Queens shone brighter in the sky this night.