High Roller

12 weeks later
1:00pm
Eagles pov

"Eagle Blackbeard Mozzie Glaz and Tachanka report to briefing room 1 please." The pa system said as I set down my fork and out my food in the trash and made my way to the briefing room with Mozzie.

"It's been too bloody long since I got some action!" Mozzie shouted excitedly, I chucked as I grabbed the top of his head, "save that energy for the enemy before you burn yourself out."

We opened the door and took our seats as the projector jumped to life showing a picture of a fortified compound in the mountains. "As you can see the white mask are held up in a compound they made in the mountains of northern Afghanistan. It needs to be taken out but we don't have the firepower to complete the job alone so you will have support from several M1 Abrams, an AC-130 ,some A-10s and 3 squads of infantry for support. Your objective is to clear out the white mask presence, secure any Intel, and completely destroy that compound are there any questions?"

Harry looked around the room and nodded before turning off the projector, "you leave in an hour go get ready."

We all stood up and left for the armory to arm ourselves. As we were getting our weapons we heard a lot of commotion from the back of the armory, we looked as Tachanka came around the corner holding his lmg with a sinister grin plastered on his face, "comrades let us have fun, yes?" We smirked as we walked out of the armory towards the runway.

Timeskip 4 hours

"Hook up!" A jump master shouted as the the cargo hold light up in a red glow, I stand up and hook up to the static line and begin doing a quick secondary check of my equipment. Satisfied I look forward lowing my googles over my eyes as I calm my nerve.

The surrounding area turns green followed by the jump master ordering us to jump, I begin walking forward to the door and jump out into the pitch black night.

I pull the cord on my parachute and brace for the force of it opening but there's nothing, I quietly curse to myself as I cut away the cords and pull open my reserve chute and once again nothing. I shake the handles trying to untangle my parachute as I'm quickly approaching the ground.

I'm finally able to get it open and it catches air and begins to slow my decent in the nick of time. I hit the ground harder than I would've liked as I fall over and tumble down the side of the mountain a few feet until I reach the flat bottom.

As I'm regaining my bearings mozzie runs over to me and begins to help take off my parachute, "mate that was a pretty nasty fall are you alright?" He asked "Yeah I'm fine." I say as I dust myself off, "let's join the others."

Blackbeard's pov

"Make sure your men are ready to go in 5 minutes." I said before turning to see eagle and mozzie jogging up to our group. "Nice of you to join us the armored column is almost ready is everyone set to go?"

We all nod as we walk back to the tanks and tell the tank commander to start moving.

I'm sorry for the lack of updates I haven't had much motivation to continue writing or come up with anything else for this story but I do plan to write atleast one more chapter I don't know when I'll be done though hopefully it won't be too long