Chapter 3

Beginning of term:

Mr Haruka enters the classroom. "This term, we will have a new seating plan. I think different collaborating relationships will surely bring out your potential."

A groan was heard from the class. "New seating plan? That means I won't sit near you anymore!" Mai stresses. 

"Not necessarily, we still might be together."

"You'll be working with the person you are paired up with for all partner projects. We'll also arrange the desks so that you sit in rows of two beside each other." Mr Haruka continues. 

"This will be your seating plan for the rest of this year." Mai turns to look at you hopefully.

"Here is the seating order. Akira and Kai are in the front row." Mr Haruka begins. 

"All duo projects? Hopefully we're together." Mai says.

"Hopefully." 

"Suzuki and Yaku." Mr Haruka says. 

Mai pouts and moves to where Mr Haruka points. 

He keeps reading out names from his list until your name is read out. "Last but not least, l/n and Kuroo." 

Your jaw dropped. No way in hell I'm spending the next two terms next to him. "Sir! Is there any chance I could change my seat?" 

Mr Haruka raises his eyebrows. "Is there an issue? If it's something as trivial as a dislike towards him, then I suggest you learn how to get along."

You sigh and make your way over to where Mr Haruka gestures. 

Your new seat was right at the back. You took the left seat and Kuroo took the right one.

Once he sat down he gave you his 'angelic' smile and a provacative wave for good measure. "Ohayo y/n-chan! I think we'll get along swell."

You rolled your eyes at his blatant fakeness. "First of all, fuck you, and second, that's l/n to you."

"I haven't even done anything yet." He sat down and rested his head in his palm and faced you. "You have me as your partner for everything now. Maybe we should try and get along."

You ignore him and copy his action by putting your chin in your palm and turning away to look at the teacher. Kuroo raises his eyebrows, amused.

Mr Haruka walks over to his desk. "Right. Now we'll start with the first partner project of this term." You groaned and slam your head into the table. Kuroo grins at your actions.

"It's a partner project so I expect that you both work on a project and hand it into me next week. I'll explain the details shortly."

Mr Haruka goes over all the details of the project and what the requirements are. Kuroo looks over to you. "You do realise we're meant to work together on this right?"

You make eye contact and frown. His hazel eyes captured yours and his sly expression grew. "I don't feel like failing this project so let's start." He breaks eye contact and takes out his book.

You decided that brainstorming ideas was a good place to start. Once you were content with the idea you decided on, you look over to Kuroo work and realised that he had a completely different idea written on his paper.

"That idea won't get us a good mark, it's too simple." You start.

Kuroo puts down his pencil. "I think it portrays the topic well and is doable in the time period."

"Besides, should I even be taking advice from Ms Second Place?"

You crumpled the paper in your hand, fighting the urge to scream. "Don't even go there. It wouldn't be this hard if you would show a bit of professionalism instead of running your stupid mouth."