chapter twenty nine. kayla

1x6 Finally Free

Dahlia sits next to Alex as Reggie sits next to a girl who was taking pictures of her food. "That's a good angle," Reggie says with a smile. "She kinda looks like Kayla. If Kayla was white," Alex says before Dahlia tackles him off his chair as the strange girl gets up and walks away. "Oww, get this psycho off me," Alex says as Luke walks up to them before wrapping his arm around Dahlia's waist and picking her up with one arm.

"Being a ghost definitely has its privileges," he says putting Dahlia down on a chair. "I just wrote our names on the playlist for tonight," he says tying Dahlia's hair into a messy bun. "I'm getting a little worried about him. He keeps forgetting Julie quit the band," Alex says looking at Reggie and Dahlia. "She'll rejoin. She loves music and us," Dahlia says with a smile. "And when she finds out we have a great gig, of course, she'll come back," Luke says sitting on the chair with Dahlia.

"But if she doesn't come back, let's not forget, we do have somewhere else we can play and eat pizza," Reggie speaks up. "We don't need Caleb, his pizza, or his cute smile. We have Julie who, let's not forget, has a cuter smile," Dahlia explains.

"What happened to not dating band members?" Alex asks looking at Dahlia. "We're not dating and you dated Luke," she defends. "You too and you slept with him," Alex adds. "We dated a week and we both agreed that night was a one-time thing. Plus that's how I figured out that I was one hundred percent gay," Dahlia says as Luke sticks his tongue out to her. "And he taught me that cool tongue trick," Dahlia says before Reggie speaks up.

"I like it when you do that," he says with a smile before they all feel a shock go through their bodies. "Oh! It's that same thing again," Alex speaks up. "No shit," Dahlia says giving Alex a sarcastic smile.

"I love how you're being a bitch even when we're all in pain," Alex says as Dahlia gives him a salute. "Anytime," she says leaning back on the chair. "It feels like that time I was fixing my amp in the rain," Reggie explains. "You did what?" Dahlia asks facing him. "Nothing," Reggie says pulling his lips into a straight line.

"Okay. Look, do you think somethings wrong with us?" Alex questions. "Yeah. We hate ten pounds of pizza last night with no stomachs. I'm sure it's our bodies working through it," Luke explains.

"So we're just gonna forget about getting back at Trevor?" Reggie questions. "We will. By outshining him. Our band will be better than he has," Dahlia says taking Reggie's hand. "Yeah. We have a new band. A new sound. That's what we should be focusing on," Luke adds.

"Is that Willie?" Alex asks as they turn to see Willie duck and run away before Alex follows. "Well someone's not focusing on our music," Reggie says as Dahlia laughs.