twenty four

"max hurry up!" harvey shouted from the bottom of the stairs, it was lottie's birthday meaning they were travelling up to manchester with dobby and tom to see the girls for a week, but harvey was growing more and more impatient with his twin brother by the second.

"i'm coming i'm coming, calm down" max called back as he trundled out of his bedroom with the little suitcase he'd packed for the week.

"right then finally we can go" harvey rolled his eyes as him and max said goodbye to their family and went to meet their friends at the train station.

they all took their seats after waiting longer than they thought for their train to arrive. they spent the train journey on their phones only every so often communicating to show eachother a funny video of some sort.

4 hours later and their train began to slow down and everyone began to move around grabbing bags from various parts of the train, the boys exited the train and then saw lottie's mum and sister stood waiting for them.

"harvey!" ava said running towards the 18 year old and engulfing him in a hug despite the boy being a foot taller than her.

"hey ava, how are you?"

"i'm good, lottie's gonna be so excited when she sees you all" the little girl smiled.

"i hope so" harvey said as he picked his bag up again and started walking towards lisa, lottie's mum, ava now talking to dobby and tom.

"hello boys" lisa smiled as she hugged all of them individually.

"hi lisa, thank you for coming to get us we could've got a taxi" harvey smiled back.

"nonsense, it's fine, lottie's out with the girls anyway so it was no problem" the older woman smiled, "want any help with bags?" she asked noticing every boy with a backpack and suitcase.

"we're okay but thank you" max said giving her a small smile before they headed off to lisa's car and drove to lottie's house.

                               /////

"wanna get a starbucks girls?" gabby asked as she spotted a starbucks close by them, they were out for lottie's birthday mainly keeping lottie out of the house while all the boys were in lottie's house setting up their surprise.

"yeah sure, i reckon we could get a discount or something if we say its my birthday" lottie smiled as the three girls walked towards the Starbucks ahead of them.

"i've not had a starbucks in ages, i forgot how good they are" Holly said as she sipped on her frappuccino.

"never underestimate a starbucks holls" lottie laughed.

"oh i need some socks, let's nip into primark and then we could head home?" gabby and holly gave eachother a panicked look, it was 1pm they'd been out a while but neither of them had got a message saying the boys were finished setting up.

"i'm kinda hungry so maybe get food first?" gabby suggested trying to stall her for longer.

"okay yeah sure"

the girls went into primark and picked up a few little bits that they wanted or needed before they headed for a mcdonald's. while they were eating gabbys phone buzzed with a message from max saying they had finished setting up and they could come home whenever.

"i think theres a bus home soon so once we've finished we could go?" gabby suggested hoping holly would catch on which she did.

"yeah sounds good, that okay lottie?"

"yeah we'll go after we've eaten then" she smiled still having no idea that her best friends were in her house.

                              /////

"you guys coming over or going home?" lottie asked as they walked towards her street.

"we'll come over its your birthday" holly smiled.

"okay" lottie smiled back as they approached her house.

"wait who decorated?" lottie said as they walked in and kicked their shoes off, gabby and holly on edge knowing what was about to happen.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" the 4 boys screamed as they jumped out from several different rooms that were leading off of lottie's hallway. as soon as lottie saw them she sprinted towards harvey before jumping on him, her legs wrapping around his waist as he caught her and hugged her tightly.

"i can't believe your here" she breathed into his neck where her head was resting.

"me neither" he replied, them both forgetting there were other people in the room and that basically the same thing had happened next to them with max and gabby.

"ahem" holly coughed trying to get the 2 pairs attention after saying hello to the other boys.

"oh yeah hi holly" harvey said as he let go of lottie, greeting the other two girls in the room.

"ava you better have filmed that like we said to" max said looking at the girl who was sat on the stairs just putting her phone away.

"i did i did calm down"

"wait a second so everyone knew about this?" lottie asked as everyone nodded.

"except you yes" harvey smiled.

"how did you guys not spill it to me?" lottie asked looking at her 2 best friends.

"oh trust me it was hard to keep from you for 2 months" holly laughed.

"2 months?? you've been planning this since march?" lottie span around to look at harvey.

"yup and now we have a whole week together"

"i still think this is a dream" lottie laughed as she leant into harvey once more his arms wrapping round her as they all walked into the living room, finally having met eachother after 5 months.