thirty nine

tw // comas? car crash?

incoming facetime from lottie <3

  accept                         decline

"teeny you ok-" harvey began before looking up to see his girlfriend in tears. "what happened lotts" he pouted at the screen.

"a-ava she..she"

"take your time baby"

"she..she's in hospital, unconscious"

"shh she'll be okay tell me what happened"

"well i was just walking to class a-and my phone rang and it was my mum she said that ava had been in an accident and that she was in the hospital but unconscious and i'm..i'm really scared harvs"

"oh lotts, i was when max was in hospital last year, she'll be okay she'll get through it, ava's a fighter she'll pull through"

"what if she doesn't make it though, we don't know when she'll wake up my mum said she's in a coma it could be years and i can't last years without her"

"lottie she'll wake up, you can go visit her right?"

"i think so i'll try and go over there later today b-but i'm scared to see her how she is, she won't be ava, she'll just be like a body" lottie said tears beginning to roll back down her cheeks.

"she might not have her personality right now but she's still ava, she's still your sister, and in a coma she can hear you can't she, so you can speak to her"

"yeah but she won't answer me"

"at least she'll be able to hear you though"

"i guess, thank you harvs"

"always teeny, go see your sister and text me after okay"

"yeah i will, love you"

"love you too" harvey smiled slightly as he hung up the call, who knew if ava would make it but he believed she could.

/////

lottie made her way from the car park into the hospital, seeing everyone sat with injuries waiting to be seen, or families awaiting news about loved ones, it almost became too much that she'll be one of them awaiting news on ava. lottie pushed back the tears threatening fall and walked up to the reception desk.

"hello how may i help you?" the receptionist beamed from behind the desk.

"i'm here to see ava wright she's my sister"

"ah yes ava, room 10b ward 5"

"thank you" lottie tried to smile as she walked away from the desk and looked up at the signs pointing in all different directions around the building. she spotted one with "wards 1-5" and followed it, eventually reaching ava's ward, she walked through it waiting to see 10b and eventually saw it in the distance, that's where her sister was. she pushed open the big metal door that was sealing the room shut and saw her mum sat next to ava.

"mum is she okay?"

"she's holding on yeah, here love sit down" her mum pulled a chair up for her clearly noticing her distressed state. lottie took one of ava's hands in hers and then tears fell down her face once more.

ava's pov

it killed me. just hearing how hurt my family were as i just lay here not able to speak or move or anything. the most i could do was hear them, thank god i could hear them, it was the one keeping me from not just giving up. the crash didn't feel that bad, but i guess it was a bang and darkness that i haven't broken out of since. i heard lottie's cries from next to me and it broke me more, i didn't want to be doing this to her, she should be at uni enjoying the time she has there, not sat here crying over her 13 year old sister who was hit by a car being driven by a drunk.

"ava, hi. i know you can hear me so i just wanted to say a couple things to you, first of all unis going okay finally, i've made friends with my flatmates and managed to not fall behind on the work yet, and second i'm really sorry this happened to you i wish it was me instead of you, you don't deserve this, you have a whole life ahead of you it can't just stop now, i love and appreciate you so much, please wake up, it's not the same sat here just seeing your lifeless body, you have the best personality and to see it not exist just isn't fair, and please whatever you do don't give up, try and wake up for me and mum we miss you so much and just want our ava back, so try for us please" and that broke me even more, i wanted to wake up, like really wanted to, i couldn't bare putting my family through this, but i just couldn't, as hard as i tried i couldn't open my eyes, i couldn't wake up, i couldn't do anything except lay here and pray that one day my body will let me wake up, let me see my family again and let me live again.