TodoBaku

My rating: 9/10

Why?

TodoBaku is another ship with a ton of development. It's not completely recognizable to fans that don't care for their interactions, but majorly it's still there.

The first huge interaction we see between Todoroki and Bakugo in the anime is definitely the Sports Festival. The Sports Festival was a huge event for Todoroki's character arc in general. But most specifically, these guys' character development began the moment Todoroki challenged Midoriya. It sounds odd, but listen up.

The moment Todoroki challenges Midoriya in those locker rooms/preparation rooms, he unknowingly challenged Bakugo too. Katsuki isn't going to let anyone challenge Izuku without challenging him. He believes he has greater capabilities than Midoriya. There's also those huge feelings that I talked about in my "BakuDeku/KatsuDeku" chapter.

I'll remind you that nobody knows of Bakugo and Midoriya's relationship from middle school. This is part of the reason why Shoto is so unaware he challenged Katsuki in a fight as well. Katsuki knew that Todoroki was a strong opponent, and the fact that Shoto announced Izuku was also a worthy opponent implied in Bakugo's head that Todoroki claims he wasn't. So Katsuki wants to prove he is. He wants to prove he's bigger and better than Izuku. He wasn't Shoto's attention and approval. Which is why he was so pissed off he didn't win the way he wanted to.

With their 1v1 fight, Todoroki proved wordlessly that he wasn't noticing Katsuki and didn't care. He didn't use his fire because he was both emotional, and he didn't care for the fight. Bakugo misunderstood this. He wasn't given the fight he thought he deserved, because it was literally half-assed by Shoto. He though Todoroki also looked down upon him. Which may or may not have been true.

It almost seems little to zero remaining moments between them are hinted throughout here up until the Training Camp arc. Things are still rocky at this point, and for now they'll remain that way even until we get to the end of my summary. Neither of them will bluntly go up to each other and talk about their emotions fueled into the Sports Festival event.

The Training Camp Arc is big for these two. Bigger than most of these are. Considering, the attack started right as Bakugo and Todoroki was going through the challenge course where Class 1-B had to scare Class 1-A. They were partnered up and it's when the villains decided to let out a full scale attack.

When it came to defense, Todoroki was their only source with his ice since they were in the middle of a forest. Kosei was clearly knocked out, and Bakugo couldn't use his explosions. They're both very aware of this. Shoto carried the situation out carefully. Bakugo wasn't thinking right and basically Todoroki was low key looking out for him. I love that. It's a soft hint of 'yeah, you're okay? Okay. Don't do that shit, you'll put everyone and yourself in danger'. Which, obviously, in the end didn't work out as safely as everyone else wanted to.

Speaking of which, did you see the face Shoto made that moment Katsuki was taken away from his grip? He looked so terrified and traumatized that it wasn't funny.

Look at this!! He's so terrified for his friend!!

Should I also mention that he was the first to agree to Kirishima's idea in a heartbeat to go save Bakugo? Even Midoriya stopped and thought about saving his childhood friend. Shoto just said 'bitch, I'm on my way'.

Aside from that and the heavy hints throughout the anime up until, day the fourth season? They've had the license training together. Surely, these two bonded with each other and patched things up when need be. Aside from that, they also bonded with a few of the Shiketsu High students.

⚠️ Spoilers for the Do or Die OVAs ⚠️

Bakugo also stuck behind with Todoroki near the end of the "Do or Die" OVA series because, like Midoriya mentioned, he wanted to save him. Katsuki was intelligent enough to think of their situation beforehand, and he knew Todoroki could get hurt. That's a good friend right there.

⚠️ Spoilers End ⚠️

Like KatsuDeku, I admire TodoBaku. Both as a friendship and potential romantic relationship. Katsuki has a lot of development with these two, and they had a lot of development with him.