006

The first day of classes was always hectic for most. From the biting books (which were not very popular to the students with Hogwarts) to the running around the ancient school, desperately trying to find the divination classroom. However, most don't realize that if one wakes up early, they can avoid all of this. Cassiopeia was one of the people who always woke up early on the first day of school. However, she always slept late at night as well. This was what she did at home as well. If her mother came into her room and she was still sleeping, she could be hurt. If she slept too early, her mother could perform a plethora of curses on her in a vulnerable state.

Walking into the Great Hall, Cassiopeia took a seat at the very empty Slytherin table in the hall that looked abandoned. After all, it was 7 a.m. Cassiopeia started to eat in peace, until she was tapped on the shoulder. Snapping her head around, she came face-to-face with Albus Dumbledore.

"Hello Miss Black-Avery."

"Hello Sir. Is there anything that you need?"

Dumbledore let out a chuckle at the girl's poise exterior,

"All I need is to talk to you."

"If that is it, then so be it Sir."

Cassiopeia followed Dumbledore out of the hall and in front of a hideous statue of a gargoyle. Without saying anything, a passage opened and the headmaster started climbing up the stairs, gesturing for Cassiopeia to follow him. When they reached the top, she was faced with an extremely large office. It consisted of large windows and portraits of people that filled the walls. Cassiopeia was brought out of her thoughts by a sudden noise. When she turned to find the source, she saw a handsome bird on a perch in the room. Smiling softly, she began to pet the bird. After a moment, she turned back to the headmaster.

"Sir, why have you asked for me?"

"Cassiopeia," Dumbledore began, "I believe you can do advanced magic?"

Cassiopeia nodded.

"Excellent! I've spoken to Professor Snape and he agrees with me. We are going to move you up to sixth year," Dumbledore said, smiling.

"What? But Professor, I'm only 15. I turn 16 in December and I should be in 5th year," Cassiopeia exclaimed, utterly confused by the situation.

"Yes, but we feel like you have the potential to advance farther. And who am I to limit a child?" Dumbledore continued, "Would you be interested in doing this."

"Yes," Cassiopeia said, "Yes I would."

"Excellent! You'll be in your O.W.L. year then. I have your schedule here." Dumbledore waved his hand and a piece of paper appeared in front of Cassiopeia.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cassiopeia Black-Avery

Age: 15

Year: 6

DOB: December 25, 1981

Class Schedule:

• Potions

• Charms

• Transfiguration

• History of Magic

• Defence Against the Dark Arts

• Astronomy

• Herbology

• Divination