Chapter 6

The next day Jade told her friends what she heard last night.

"Again? You mean the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?" Theo asked.

"I guess." Jade said.

A few days later everyone was standing in front of a mat.

"Gather round! Gather, round. Can everybody see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent. In light of the Dark events Professor Dumbledore has given me permission to start this little dueling club, to train you all in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions- for full details, see my published works."

He took off part of his cloak and threw it to someone.

"Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape," said Lockhart, flashing a wide smile. "He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration before we begin. Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry- you'll still have your Potions master when I'm through with him, never fear!"

The Slytherins snorted at that.

"Snape's going to win in a heartbeat." Blaise said.

"Ohhh yeah. Hell, even Jade could beat him!" Theo said.

Then they walked up to each other and took out their wand. Then bowed to each other and turned around and got in position.

"One, two, three!" Lockhart said.

"Expelliarmus!" Snape yelled and got Lockhart on his back.

"Do you think he's alright?" Hermione asked.

"Who cares!" Ron said smiling.

"Go Snape!" Henry said.

"An Exactly suggestion Professor Snape. Let's have volunteer pair. Ah, Henry, Weasley how about you?"

"Weasley's wand causes deviation of the simplest spell. Which will cause Potter to go to the hospital wing in a match box. Might I suggest someone from my own house? Jade, Perhaps?"

He turned around and pointed up.

That caught everyone by surprise. But Jade got up and headed to get to her brother.

Everyone knew she was a good duelist even though she never did it like a real one. Since she's so good at Defense they could tell she was going to be good at dueling when she gets older like James.

So they both went up to the mat.

"Good luck Potter." Lockhart said.

"Thank you sir." Henry said.

'I'll need it' he thought.

Then they stood in front of each other and took out their wand.

"Scared Henry?" Jade said.

"You wish." he said.

He truly was nervous though. She's a strong witch, is a year older than him and reads a lot during summer and before Hogwarts. So she knew higher spells.

Then they put their wand down and split up. Then got into stance.

"Wands at the ready!" shouted Lockhart. "When I count to three, cast your charms to Disarm your opponents — only to disarm them — we don't want any accidents — one . . . two..."

But Henry set a spell at two.

"Evertaspacula!" Henry said.

Jade bent down and he missed her. Then she took out her own wand.