Chapter 5

Song: Still love you- Lee Hong Gi, Yoo Hwe Seung

I keep staring at the man on his knees trying to process what was happening at the moment. I watch as tears flow freely down his cheeks, my hands itching to reach out and wipe them away. I look away from him while remaining a stoic façade, the complete opposite of how I'm feeling inside. On the inside, the pain is overwhelming my senses, choking me every time I draw a breath. It's running through my veins, spreading throughout my body, gripping on every bone and muscle.

"Stop..please..." I whisper to him.

He shakes his head rapidly, wrapping his arms around my legs, eyes pleading. He holds me on a vice grip as if he was scared I would slip away at any moment.

"I can't let you go again. I can't and I won't," he strangles.

My heart clenches hearing his voice. I unwrap his arms around me and pull him up. Shivers run down my spine at the contact. Seeing his face, I almost gave up. Almost.

"It's not that easy Jooheon. What you put me through.. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy," I say.

"Y/N give me a chance. I have no right to ask for one but please... I can't promise that I'll never hurt you again but I will do everything I can to make it up to you even if it takes the rest of my life," he grabs my hand once again, gripping on tightly.

"I think you should take some time to really think about this. Your emotions are running high right now and you're not thinking straight," I swallowed hard and withdrew my hands from his.

"No matter how much time you give me, I will still think the same Y/N..." he says.

"I want you to leave," I tell him, standing my ground.

I watch as his face falls. Funny how the scenario has flipped so quickly. Some mere months ago I was in his shoes. Crying, begging, completely heartbroken. But even though I still hold that grudge, I would rather go through it over and over just in order to take the pain he's going through in front of me. No matter how hard I try to be nonchalant, to be bitter, and to be angry about what he put me through, I still care. Its stupid. So fucking stupid. I should be glad that he's feeling what I felt when he decided to leave. When he decided to toss everything we had aside for someone else. When he didn't care enough to see how much I was hurting.

"Leave," I state more firmly. I can't show him I still care, I won't give him the satisfaction.

He stares at me for a few seconds, trying to decipher what I was really feeling before finally nodding his head. He heads towards the door as I watch him with a heavy heart. He opens the door, looking back at me once again.

"As I said, I will do everything I can to win your love again. I'm moving back in three days from now Y/N...I'll see you then," he smiles at me softly before closing the door behind him.

I slowly sit down on the couch, trying to gather my thoughts. He's coming back. He's really coming back and there's nothing I can do to avoid it. Why couldn't he just sign the damn papers?!

I pick up my phone, speed dialing the one person I know that can help me.

"So is the dick still the same?" is the first thing I hear as soon as the ringing ends, catching me off guard.

"What the hell does that even mean Changkyun?" I ask, closing my eyes and rubbing my forehead.

"Did y'all fuck or not? You know it's totally wrong after all the drama but hey i'll only judge a tiny bit... It's totally normal to have angry make up sex so its totally fine. Did you get ruined, back broken like a glow stick? You know 54 percent of the population goes back and fucks their ex?" he rambles on while I sigh.

"Yah! Can you shut up for a second?! You're making my headache worse!" I cut him off.

"He definitely didn't screw you or didn't do well enough because your behavior right now is so ugh!" he continues on. (I miss prince Hyunjin :( )

I bang my head against the sofa pillow over and over still hearing his loud voice rambling on and on even though he wasn't on speaker.

"Be in my place in 15 minutes with chicken and alcohol. You owe me for being an embarrassment," I scold him.

"I shall hear all the juicy details with chicken and soju. Good call. I'll be right over you freak," he says quickly hanging up.

I'm starting to regret my decision.

A few moments later Changkyun walks through the door with a case of soju and two boxes of chicken. He sets them down on the table and takes a seat on an empty spot next to me. He proceeds to collect me in his arms, rubbing my back.

"I'm here when you're ready to talk about what happened. Just take your time," he whispers in my ear.

"He's moving back in. He said he wants to make it work. He wants a second chance. I can't stop him since it's his house too in a technicality," I mumble on his shoulder.

I hear him take a deep breath, holding me tighter against him.

"I know I was joking around earlier but he's a piece of shit for putting you through this again, I can't believe he actually has the nerve," he says in a firm voice.

We stay in the same position for a few minutes. Him whispering sweet nothings in my ear as I try to stay calm. The chicken and alcohol were completely forgotten.

"Sometimes I wish I fell in love with you instead," I tell him, mind in a haze.

Changkyun proceeds to push me off him.

"Gross. I see you like a weird tumor I can't get rid of. Disgusting," he scrunches his nose in disgust.

For the first time that night, I laughed.

He suddenly looks at me with a smirk, " I have an insane idea though."

"What if I completely moved in?" he asks, raising his pierced brow.

I stare at him in confusion. What crazy idea has he come up with now?

 What crazy idea has he come up with now?