Chapter 3

Song: Star 1117- Ateez

It's been a few weeks since my episode. Now here I am on a Friday afternoon sitting in my living room while staring at my phone. I knew I would have to contact him eventually, I've been holding back on doing so for weeks now. With a sigh, I pick up my phone and unlock it. I guess it's really now or never. My hands slightly shake as I unblock his number, bringing it up to my ear as I wait for the line to ring. Three rings later, my heart drops as I hear his voice on the other end.

"Hello?"

     "H-hey, it's Y/N," I try not to stutter as my heart pounds.

"Oh..Um..hey..why are you calling?" he asks with a curious voice.

    "If you have time, I have some papers for you to sign involving the house mortgage.. I'm planning on selling the house and your name is on it as well," I cut straight to the point, ignoring how his voice is making me feel.

"Are you sure you're making the right decision?" he questions in a hushed tone.

  "I'm sure," I try not to scoff, trying to get through the situation in a calm manner.

"I can be there tomorrow after work at around 5. Assuming you still have weekends off," he sighs.

    "Yeah, that works.. I'll have the paperwork ready by then," I say suddenly feeling overwhelmed.

"Alright...I guess I'll see you tomorrow Y/N," he whispers through the phone one more time.

   "I'll see you tomorrow Jooheon. Bye," I quickly hung up while clutching my chest.

I run my fingers through my hair, gripping it slightly out of stress. Tomorrow is too soon. What the hell was I thinking agreeing to it. I look around at the mess surrounding the house. I can't let him see how much I was falling apart. I have to show him that I'm better off than before. I have to show him that I never needed him around.

After texting I.M about Jooheon's impending arrival tomorrow, I get up from my spot on the couch and contemplate where to start cleaning. I was never good at organizing and cleaning up. He was in charge of those kinds of things while I took care of cooking, laundry, and other trivial things.

Flashback...

"YN!!!!" I hear Jooheon yell from the kitchen sounding in pain.

I immediately rushed to where he was only to see my boyfriend scowling on the floor rubbing his ass.

"What happened to you?" I asked, trying to hold in my laugh.

"I slipped on the SLIPPERY floor and landed on my ass, that's what happened!!" he glares at me continuing on rubbing his sore spot.

"I'm so sorry honey. I guess I waxed the floor a little too much" I laugh while offering him a hand.

He suddenly pulls me down with him, my face landing on his chest.

"Y/N, I love you but please for the love of everything in this life, leave the cleaning to me. Why the hell would you ever wax the tile floors?!" he scolds me while squeezing my cheeks.

"Im sorry.. I was just trying to help," I stare at him while pouting.

"And I appreciate you trying baby.. You're my queen, leave the cleaning to me, okay?" he smiles, eyes squinting tightly and deep craters indenting his cheeks.

"You're so cringey honey. Why am I even with you?" I joke while admiring his face lovingly.

"Hmmm...cuz you love me and who else would clean this house properly and take care of you huh? Also, you need to help my sore ass cheek," he gives me a deep kiss pulling me even closer.

Safe to say we stayed on that slippery ass floor well into the early light.

End of flashback...

I rub my hand down my face as my eyes water from the memory. We were so damn happy, we had so many happy memories. What the hell went wrong?

I start picking up the trash and wiping the counters, doing anything and everything to distract myself from my thoughts.

Several hours later, I looked at the clock which states it was 2 am. Where the hell did the hours go? I looked around me rather impressed at how nice everything looked.

I went to check my phone, looking at a plethora of missed calls and texts, a majority coming from my bestfriend. I slapped my forehead as replying completely slipped my mind. I quickly replied to his messages, apologizing and explaining the details of what had occurred.

After getting ready for bed, I laid in bed staring at the glow in the dark stars stuck in the ceiling. A smile automatically makes its way to my lips as I recall the day we put them up.

Flashback

Flashback...

I was laying in bed taking a nap when my lovely boyfriend decided to wake me up by jumping on the bed repeatedly.

"Bro, what the hell are you doing?" I look up at him while he continues to jump and touch the ceiling, sticking star stickers on the surface.

"Babe, babe, babe I found glow in the dark stars in the store," he giggles continuing his previous actions.

My eyes widen in excitement as I start encouraging him, "Wait, wait, hurry the fuck up and ill forgive you for ruining my nap."

"Two more and I'm done!!" he yells excitedly.

I make a run to the window, closing the blackout curtain and running back to the bed.

He finally finishes and runs to grab the remote that controls the light.

We both lay on our backs side by side and he turns to look at me with a wide smile, "Are you ready baby" he asks while giggling.

I nod repeatedly in excitement as he turns the light off with the remote.

We both looked up in awe as the star shaped stickers illuminate all throughout the ceiling.

We spent the rest of the hours talking and giggling like children, eventually falling asleep in each other's arms.

End of flashback...

How the hell am i supposed to face him tomorrow?