Chapter 7

Song: Beside you- Keshi

    I wake up and stare at the glowing stars in the ceiling. I check my phone and it shows 2:33 am. I felt movement next to me and looked over as I watched Changkyun's face show discomfort before returning to a calm state, a soft snore escaping him. I chuckle softly, the remains of sleepiness completely escapes my body. I sigh and turn over, trying to will myself to submit to the temptation of a deep slumber. A few minutes passed as I tossed and turned, trying with difficulty to not disturb the sleeping man next to me. My insomnia hasn't affected me like this in months. I feel tears of frustration begin to creep up as I try to hold in my sobs. I rarely ever let myself get frustrated to the point of tears but with the stress of the current situation, my mental health is not doing so great. I rub my fists over my eyes as I try to not make a sound.

I hear shuffling behind me and I hide my face in one of Changkyun's stuffed animals, trying to muffle any sound. I suddenly feel a warm hand glide down my arm. Just as I thought it was just a habit, having shared the bed with him more times than I can count, I was pulled towards a hard chest. Turning me around in his arms to face him, I felt his thumb wipe the tears that were cascading down my cheeks. His arms circle around me and my face is shoved in between his neck and shoulder. Changkyun rubs my back softly as I feel more tears run, allowing me to let out my frustrations and stress. Some moments passed and my breathing was slowly returning to normal, my best friend staying quiet the whole time while tracing patterns on my back. 

"Thank you," I whisper in a hoarse voice.

He places his lips on my forehead, "Let's get some sleep,hmm?"

I nod softly and close my eyes. The last thing I hear is a faint humming of You Are My Sunshine before I finally succumbed to the darkness.

Few hours later/early morning...

I sat up from my bed, looking at the position my best friend ended up in and holding in a laugh. His right leg was hanging off the bed along with his head. His eyes were half open while his mouth was gaping wide. Loud snores can be heard throughout the room, echoing and bouncing off the walls. I shake my head in disbelief at how creepy this man sleeps. Even though I should be used to seeing him this way, it still creeps me out. There were many instances where I would wake up in the middle of the night and see him dead stare at me.

I shake my head and get up, quietly shutting the door. I don't want to wake him up yet, deciding on making breakfast for the both of us. A way of me saying thank you to him for being there last night. I make my way to the kitchen, plugging my phone to the speakers and pressing play. Okey Dokey by MINO and ZICO starts playing, immediately putting me in a better mood.

I start dancing around the kitchen, making French toast and bacon. I'm not sure why but I was in a good mood even when I had only gotten a few hours of rest. Suddenly, Money by LISA comes on and I lose my shit. I flip the French toast over and decide to throw it back until I hear someone clear their throat from behind me. I immediately straighten up and act as if nothing happened, preparing the plates of breakfast.

"Don't act like I didn't just see you throw it back against the fridge," I hear a deep whisper against my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

I push Changkyun away from me and laugh, "If you want your breakfast, you did not see anything."

"Suddenly I'm blind, I don't know," he chuckles, taking the plates and setting them on the table.

I sit in front of him and take a sip of my coffee and a bite of the French toast. I hum in satisfaction, impressed with my own cooking. I hear my bestfriend groan, "your breakfast will always be my favorite."

I laugh at his statement. It's rare that I ever make breakfast for him anymore.

"It's my way of saying thank you for last night. Seriously Kyun, I don't think I could've gone through any of this without you," I smile at him.

"You know I would do anything for you. I'd even commit murder and arson just for you," he lays his hand on top of mine on the table, giving me a genuine smile.

"I can't think of a situation where either things would ever be necessary or called for bub. You're always so dramatic," I laugh at him.

"Yah! You know I've been to jail before! I'm a hardened criminal!" he suddenly yells at me.

"Changkyun, you got taken in for public indecency and intoxication. I don't think spending 24 hours in the drunk tank counts as jail time," I chuckle.

"Yeah, yeah whatever. You're just bitter," he rolls his eyes while waving a dismissive hand at me.

I watch him devour his entire plate in disgust and admiration. My heart does a little skip as I watch syrup dribble down his chin. I rub my eyes in a state of confusion. What the fuck was that...

I decided to shake it off as my nerves and finish my coffee. Tomorrow's the day Jooheon moves back in. I have a day left to prepare myself and not overthink the situation. I go over the plan in my head, thinking of ways it could go wrong. I've seen enough dramas in my lifetime to know that none of this was a good idea. But the dumbass in front of me is very convincing.

I stood up and grabbed the empty plates, bringing them over to the sink. I hear footsteps behind me as I start washing up. I feel my body tense up as I feel Changkyun brush my back as he reaches for the towel in front of me. Where the hell did that come from?

I look over at him as he grins at me, "let me help you, hmm?" he questions, grabbing the newly cleaned plate from my hand.

I nod at his question, words suddenly stuck in my throat. His hand brushes with mine and my heart jumps one more time. I cough out loud, afraid that he might be able to hear my pounding heart.

He pats my back, turning off the faucet and turns me to face him completely.

"Are you okay? Your whole demeanor changed," he looks at me with worry.

"I'm fine. It's probably just the lack of sleep catching up to me," I give him a soft smile.

He turns silent for a while until I suddenly feel myself get lifted off the ground. I shriek out loud as he sprints towards what I can only assume as the bedroom. He throws me on the bed and my mind starts racing with very unholy thoughts involving my best friend. Images of me under him start flashing through my mind, things I have never imagined to do with the man I call my bestfriend.

I slap myself a couple times to snap out of my filthy thoughts. Think of Park Seo-Joon, think of Park Seo-Joon... I repeat in my head to no avail. I blink away my thoughts, my eyes finally focusing on the man standing by my bed. He gives me a funny look as he tries to read my face.

"Why are you all flushed? Are you that worried about tomorrow? Don't worry our plan will definitely work, okay? Let's worry later and nap for now," he says, jumping on the bed next to  me and caging me in his arms. When the hell did he start bulking up???

I sigh and close my eyes. I'm probably just being delusional from the lack of sleep and the stress. I just need some sleep and things will return to normal when I wake up.

At least I hope it does...