Chapter 6

"And why would I miss you? Asa ka naman."

He smirked when I raised my eyebrow at him. Napailing pa siya at napayuko na para bang achievement niya na naman na nainis ako.

"Well, I miss you." I froze for a moment when I heard him. "I kinda wanted to see you every day but I don't want to push myself to you."

"Push you to what?" naguguluhang tanong ko sakanya.

He just stared at me for a moment then laughed all of a sudden.

"Hay Natadia, I am just missing your annoying face. Ano bang iniisip mo d'yan?" he smirked then left the elevator when we reach the ground parking lot. Napataas ang kilay ko ng maintindihan ko na ang tinutukoy niya. Grabe, kaya pala niya ko gusto lagi kasama ay dahil gusto niya lang ako bwisitin at inisin? Wow! Typical Aiden nga naman.

I decided not to talk to him for this whole ride, but damn his charm at kakulitan, napapasagot ako sa mga interesting questions niya. Talagang may sense siya kausap kaya tuloy hindi boring ang naging byahe namin papuntang legal race.

"So, what's the conclusion then? Is she kind of some bad spirits on herself that's why she jumped out on that water tank?" he asked me, after we done buying our food in drive thru.

"Yeah, definitely. Try to look at the elevator footage, she's kind of talking to anyone but there's no other people outside the elevator except her."

"Or maybe she's talking to someone that was not caught on the CCTV footage inside the elevator? And have you tried to look at the time? There are missing seconds of the footage. I think it's intentionally cut out."

"So are you saying that Elisa Lam was talking to someone outside the elevator without thinking of her crazy hand figures? Ang creepy kaya. Basta ako, I believe there's something strange about her. She kinda looked paranoid and scared on the video. Tumaas ang balahibo ko do'n."

He looked amused because of my expression. We both watched the cctv footage of Elisa Lam in youtube when we were together. Aiden and I love mystery documentaries and Elisa Lam's story is quite interesting. Napag usapan ulit namin siya kasi nga ipapalabas na sa Netflix ang documentary about her. Medyo naexcite ako kasi pinagtalunan din namin ito ni Aiden kung ano ba talaga ang dahilan ng pagkamatay ng isang Canadian 21-year-old girl sa loob ng Cecil hotel.

"Okay then, we'll watch the documentary on Netflix together." Aiden made the deal. Tumango ako agad sa gusto niya.

"Right. Deal!"

He flashed his smile while he's driving. Napangiti na lang din ako.

The next thing happened, we park to the nearest from the entrance of the legal race. Hindi gaano kadami tao ngayon kasi nga weekdays na simula bukas. Nakapasok agad kami ni Aiden nang binigay na niya ang ticket namin. We both wearing face mask but there are still turning their heads on us. Aiden seemed like he never noticed them so I act like I used to. He hold my hand when we finding the best spot. Dala niya din yung food na tinake out namin kanina para may kakainin kami habang nanonood ng race.