Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

“I see” Tony said looking at me. “You sure didn’t take long to get over me.”

I couldn’t help the groan that left me “Tony it’s not what you think.”

Tony scoffed at me “Really? Because to me it looks like you have a man in your apartment”

 I run my hand through my hair feeling frustrated, I was angry with Tony, but that didn’t mean I wanted him to think I had moved on from him. “Look at him Tony. Does it look like I was in the middle of a date with him?”

Tony looked over at Gabe and I noticed a frown appear “Is that blood?”

“Yes” I say with a sigh.

“Are you alright?” Tony asks looking at me worried

“I’m fine”

“What happened? Why is he covered in blood?” Tony asked

“He had an accident, nothing to worry about.” I looked from Tony to Gabe “Gabe was just leaving”

“No I wasn’t, I’m not leaving until you give me your answer” Gabe crosses his arms over his blood soaked chest.

“Can you give me some time to think about it?” I asked as I turned around to look at him.

“Fine” He said through clenched teeth. “I will back tonight to find out your decision” He said before storming past me and Tony and out the door.

I looked at Tony who was still frowning. “What decision does he want you to make?”

“Nothing, it’s to do with a job and finding a man.” I explained vaguely.

“Look Kylah I’m sorry about the way I acted, like I said I was in shock. Once I cooled down I realised what an idiot I was and raced back to the cabin to see you. Only you weren’t there.”

“May be we should sit down for this?” I suggested as I walk into my small living room “Take a seat” I tell him.

“Look Tony I understand that you were shocked to see me like that, hell I was shocked to see you turn into a panther. I even get why you needed time to think.”

“Then what’s the problem then?” He asked.

“The problem is, I don’t think I will ever get over the way you looked at me.”

“Wait what? How did I look at you?”

“Like I was a freak” I whispered.

Tony sighed loudly “I didn’t think you were a freak Kylah” he said reaching over and taking my hand. I thought about pulling it back from him but I liked the feel of his skin on mine. “Yes I was freaked out, I mean I just found out you were part demon. My species knows all about demons and what they are capable of and they may have scared me for a moment. But then while I was walking in the woods I realised that you were still you. You may be a demon.”

“Half demon” I say cutting him off.

“Sorry half demon. But you have never acted like one around me. That’s when I realised how stupid I was being and raced back to the cabin to see you, only you weren’t there.”

“You don’t think I’m a freak?” I asked softly.

Tony squeezed my hand “Would I want you to be my girlfriend if I thought that?”

I looked up at him shocked “You want me to be your girlfriend?”

He smiled warmly at me “I do. So what do you say? Can you forgive me for acting like a complete dick and be my girlfriend?”