Chapter Twenty-one: Trouble in Paradise

December 26, 2020
Brentwood, CA📍
0214

I switched the headlamps off then killed the engine. Yawning, I hopped out of the Mercedes Benz Sprinter and shut the door. I was coming from dropping off half of the James Clan at the airport so they could fly to Ohio for a lil ole post Christmas celebration with the others there and then fly back on Pop's birthday.

I was exhausted I can't lie because my head was pounding from all the crying then drinking with Uncle Lyle and yet I still managed to drive to and fro.

Reaching for my phone I checked and there was still nothing from Shareef not even a birthday post.

I was mad. Big mad because now I looked like booboo the fool blowing him up on my own birthday!

Walking into the house, I locked the doors and turned on the security system. Grabbing a slice of cake I headed upstairs to my room.

Getting comfy in my bed I went on gram and began reposting some pictures from tonight. That was up until I came across Shareef's story

My heart dropped. There he was all cozied up with Ava on a speed boat.

I wanted to cry because he broke my trust but then I glanced at the keys set on the bedside table.

Can't be crying over niggas, I chanted to myself. I had better things to worry about like what's going to happen with Zara Ley, shipments and manufacturing taking place in Charlotte.

Following morning
11:06 am

In the middle of my sleep I woke up to my phone buzzing. Grabbing it I cracked one eye open only to see hundreds of notifications from Instagram.

Tapping the app, thhe first thing I saw was a post from Shareef. It was a picture of me but I didn't have time to look at it because of the caption and comments

It's not even been a year but it feels like forever. I know ain't the best boyfriend out there but I try to be perfect just for you even though you tell me I'm imperfectly perfectly yours. Thank you for me being my number one supporter, the realest who got my back, thank you for loving me and continue loving me at my best and at my worst. I hope to be the reason you keep on smiling everyday. I wish you many more shoota, love you @_bentleyjames❤️

I rolled my eyes at the caption because one thing I knew is that he definitely didn't compose that by himself.

Glancing at the photo, I rolled my eyes again, it was a photo of me holding his hand looking back at him laughing with my eyes closed. I looked cute in a baggy sweater with baggy jeans as my curls draped over my face.

I'm sorry but the fact that it had amassed over a 100k likes wasn't cutting it for me.

I'm not a booboo the fool!

My heart warmed by an inch tho but I'm still big mad.

There was a knock before the door opened revealing Bryce who was freshly dressed in his pjs holding two cups of hot coffee.

"Isn't this a sight," I humored sitting up right leaning against the headboard

"Practicing for my future wife," he smirked handing me a cup then occupying the white loveseat.

"Nice stuff," I murmured taking a sip of the milky cappuccino coffee

"I just wanted to check up on you because yesterday you didn't look to happy," he started off after a minute of comfortable silence