Chapter Six: Taco Tuesday

"Bryce, I'm  not that good of a dancer so chill!" I yelled annoyed as Bryce gave me a judgy look for messing up for being too slow

The six of us where in the living room trying to make a tiktok to Toosie Slide by Drake also one of Dad's good friends.

"Guys let's just do the Tik tok and make lunch ok", Mom interjected stopping a break from beginning

We made the tik tok and I did good surprisingly along side with Bronny. We ain't that bad they just hate for nothing.

After lunch Ma and Dad headed out somewhere leaving I and the gang alone. Since today was a Tuesday, Taco Tuesday to be specific,  the most important day in the James household. It so happened that this week Ma said I had to make them cause we weren't ordering out.

Zhuri and I are sang at the top of our lungs to No one by Alicia Keys. I  finished cutting up the cinnamon roll cake into equal slices just as the  tempting, tingling, sizzling aroma of tacos filled the kitchen.

"Z do you smell that?" I whispered

Zhuri and I closed our eyes as we inhaled the aroma. Not even on some cocky business I was one hell of a good cook. My tacos tasted so much much better than the fast food ones  because i used homemade taco seasoning which I made by myself instead of the store bought kind. Best of all, I made two types of tacos ground beef and mexican.

Since I had the rest of the afternoon to go out for dinner. For starters we have broad bean and mint panzanella with burrata just some fancy greens, for the main course we have ground beef and mexican tacos and speedy cheesy nachos and for dessert we having cinnamon roll cake with butterscotch pudding.

Incoming call from Reef🥵💨

"What you up to Tayga?"

"Finishing up today's dinner and you"

"Ouuuuuu what you making" Reef asked curiously 

"I made tacos and nachos", I replied

"Okkkkk save me some imma pass by tomorrow"

"No prob, so what you doing?"

"Imma about to cut my hair", he responded

"But Reefff why? I like your hair and you never let me plait it" I whined because I had offered to braid him but he ran way away

"Tayga i gotta look clean its a hot boy summer for Daddy Reef" He chuckled

"Fine! But when you grow it out im deff doing your hair. Imma give you some bangs and popping edeges!" I aughed

"Not the bayangs Tayga!" He screamed  into the phone laughing

"Uh-oh-woah-woah!" I sang backing him up

"You crazy", he chuckled

Only for you Daddy. jkjk but maybe(wink)

"Nahhh mane that's all you", I shrugged off

Reef and I talked for a few more minutes before he hung up to get his haircut.

We all sat on the dinner table. Dad as the head of the table, momma on his right side, Brcye on his left to his right Zhuri, Bronny next to mamma and i at the end of the table facing Dad,

"Before we dig in, Bryce grace please" Pops said rubbing his hands eyeing the food.

"Lets join hands"Momma murmured

"Dear God as we are about to feast on this juicy bounty prepared by my sister–"

"Juicyyy indeed" Bronny backed him up making me open my eyes momentarily open just to see get him nudged by ma

"–bless us, bless the hands of the cook and they who provide. Lord God and giver of all good gifts, we are grateful as we pause before this meal, for all the blessings of life that you give to us. Daily, we are fed with good things, nourished by friendship and care, feasted with forgiveness and understanding. And so, mindful of your continuous care, we pause to be grateful for the blessings of this table. May your presence be the extra taste to this meal which we eat in the name of your son, Jesus ame- btw thank you for for Taco Tuesday big man. Amen"

"Amen" everyone chorused

Everyone began to dig in. Bronny and dad fought for the serving bowl with the tacos because they never eat the starters.

"So how we all doing?" Ma asks as she pours herself a glass of Chardonnay

"Well my lovely queen", Dad obnoxiously started off

"I'm happy here. Im eating the bombest tacos ever with my beautiful wife and kids couldn't ask for more". Dad beamed as he stuffed  himself with nachos. Ma smiled before giving him a peck making all of us gag.

"I'm great can't really complain. I'm doing good and improving in my jumpshots and can't wait to go to travel this summer", Bryce said

"I'm happy because i now have 2-200k subscribers on my channel anddd i made a new friend when we were at Zaire's house called Dion-"

Zhuri got off by Dad's overprotective side coming out

"Which school does he go to? How old is he? What's his last name-"

Bronny intervened, "Pops, his good a boy and he literally means no harm". Cannot wait till Zhuri crushing on this lil boys asss.

"As i was saying his really funny, friendly and he wants to shoot a video with me-" Mom and I cooed cause that shit was cuteeeeee.

"Ain't no daughter of mine shooting a video with this ragedy ass Dion boy-"

Ummm anyways, "So guys i'm happy! I mean its summer now my grades were looking great and I didn't get pregnant!" I beamsx

"My project looking up judging from the looks of it probably by the end of summer"My project just chill and wait it looks promising you'll find out

Ma squealed in excitement before getting up to give me a bone-crushing hug. "Awww Bentley I'm so freaking proud of you! Look at you-". She sat back down then started fanning her eyes-nawwwww she playing fr.

"Ma are you crying?" Zhuri asked

"Bentley, Bronny, Bryce and Zhuri all of you are just growing up so fast- it was just yesterday when all of you was in my womb. Now look soon Bentley is gonna graduate, move out, ion know get a job- find a good boyfriend get married and gimme some grandbabies i-".

Do you ever wonder that you gonna be somebodys mom like the thought alone gives me goosebumps. Ma broke into a loud sob. Bronny rubbed her back as he tried not laugh making Bryce throw a nacho at him.

"Momma don't cry we are always gonna be your babies" Zhuri croaked with tears in her eyes

"Taco Tuesday ft waterfalls"Dad said recording the whole thing