Chapter Three: Familia

Brentwood, CA 📍
James Mansion
Three weeks later

I hummed along to beat of Hit different the slowed and reverbed version as I oiled up my skin. I was currently back from school, Louisiana State University, just for the weekend as I just needed a breather before the upcoming mock exams.

Hit different when I'm sittin' here
Alone, all by myself

During the time I was at school Shareef and I began texting like crazy as it all started with me insulting his tattoo. From then on a dope friendship formed as we then began to call each other whenever we were free.

His sisters Mimi and Amirah who I've known on mutual basis even hit me up asking if there's anything going on cause apparently he talks about me but c'mon we just friends.

Let's ignore the part where Im beginning to like him, ok?

Bronny and Bryce certainly cool with the idea of Reef and I together because it's been a subject brought up way too many times and they think we would be dope.

"Yoh! Ma wants us downstairs!" Bryce yelled from my bedroom where he was busy making tiktoks

Quickly dressing into a comfortable pair of sweats and an old graphic tee I went downstairs.

"Sex with me is so amazing", I sang as I entered the kitchen where the entire family was

"Language!", Ma warned as she turned to help Zhuri with the icing

Clumping my mouth shut I took my seat next to Bryce. Pops and Zhuri were being taught how to bake and they had called us down to see who has the best cake.

"I want you to taste my cake and then dad's", Zhuri handed me sourcer plate with a slice of lsmon cake

I bit into the cake and it was suprisingly pretty good despite the cream being too sweet,"This is actually...pretty good Z"

"Really" Zhuri asked shocked

"Yeah this is a 10/10", i say holding out my hand to dap her

"I mean we been knowing", She giggles as we dap

"I-", Mom is about to say something but Bronny cuts her off

"Dad your cake tastes like salt boiled witha added sugar", Bronny says looking at him as if he he Gordon Ramsay

Pops makes that nigga please face and and waits for Bryce turn, "Your cake is a bit sweet-salty all type of bad things are happening in there like that one time Step Curry dunked on you-"

At this point they were doing everything in their power to annoy him which would lead to the speech about him being the greatest of all time.

Cutting a piece and tasting it. YUP. It's not soft and tastey he prolly didn't put the right measurements of Ingredients

Cutting his greatest of all time rant, "Dad, chill. Your cake is bad but not that bad considered that this is your first time you tried I give it to you tho. Just a bit of more practice"

"Say that to Durant"-oop Pops

"Bron", Ma sighed

Zhuri being the lil emotional one she is threw her cake on the floor and ran out. Bronny want after her while Bryce and I cleaned up her mess

"Spoilt brat", I mumbled as scraped the cream off the floor

"LeBron really? We over this G.O.A.T shit sometimes you have to accept defeat you don't always win you learn sometimes from the loss an L ain't a loss it's a lesson. You might be the greatest but every great person has their moment too. Right now go and apologize to your daughter", Ma stormed out heated in the direction of Zhuri's room.

"Damn who knew cake tasting would be this bitter", Bryce and I both paused for a moment before laughing at my wack ass pun

"You ain't that funny sis" but he just laughed

"Yeah right". After helping Bryce clean up. We had to Zhuri's room.

Dad in all his so called glory was on the the floor crawling on all fours with a pink glittery tutu and silver tiara on with Zhuri yelling giddy up horsey.

This scene was just way too funny. Bryce and I were laughing with tears our eyes. Bronny just recorded the whole thing with ma in the background asking if Z's horse needs some hay cause it looks crusty.

These were the little moments that I cherished the most with my family!