Chapter 14: Fun Times

"Aww, that was sweet!" Charles smiled and looked around. "So, what do you want to see next you guys?" he asked curiously. Everyone thought in silence about what to see next.

"Did you have any other fun times with friends at all Beej? If you did, I would like to see". Barbara requested. Everyone looked around and approved of the blonde girl's request. With a snap of his fingers the group were whisked away to what appeared to be a school ground with ghouls of all netherworld people. Betelgeuse appeared tired to the rest of the group and it turns out that teleportation is hard enough and it is harder at different time periods. It can often result in little to no energy. His hair went a mix of indigo and deep grey as he started to feel tired and dizzy. Barbara now understood that the teleportation was draining her demon boyfriend's energy making his hair go grey. The group decided to sit down in the grass before exploring, the breeze flowing freely through their hair, the welcoming sun beating down on them. Adam looked down and smirked at the sight of Betelgeuse sleeping with his head resting on his lap. Adam decided to start running his fingers gently through Betelgeuse's hair who clearly liked it. The families chuckled softly at the fact Betelgeuse began to softly purr at the touch and lean further into it. He loved his hair being played with, if he ever got completely stressed out simply playing with his hair would relax him almost within the instant. That piece of valuable information could have come in handy when Betelgeuse was about to go on a murder rampage after being brought back to life and couldn't handle emotions of the living. One by one they all fell into a nice relaxing sleep.

After half an hour of nap time everyone finally awoke, finally realising they fell asleep. They instantly saw three people walking together, two of them leading the green haired boy that was blindfolded using his green striped tie of a familiar black and white striped suit that Betelgeuse appeared to wear every day and was led to a patch of grass underneath a tree. "How old are you there Beej?" Adam asked curiously.

"I was 16 then babe" Betelgeuse revealed, "This is the Neitherworld version of Juilliard guys'' he informed. He was been led by a young zombie girl with green skin, red hair, and a crimson dress along with the same boy from before and looked the most human of them all. "Where in the Neitherworld are you taking me?" they heard Lawrence ask. "Ouch! Congratulations Lesley and Alec, there is totally no tree there(!)" he grumbled sarcastically. Adam, Barbara, Delia, Charles, Lydia and Betelgeuse all laughed at Lawrence being led into a tree accidentally. Normally Lesley would have gotten mad about not being called Miss Argentina, but she figured she would let him off as she called him Lawrence earlier that day. Charles and Lydia looked at each other silently asking if that was the dead beauty queen, they met a while ago. This was confirmed when they saw her sash saying "Miss Argentina''.

"Hang on, if the first Miss Argentina contest was in 1928, how is she here? The year must be... 1847?" Charles asked.

"That is what I tried to figure out, must be some processing malfunction I think!"

"Oh, okay!"

"3...2...1... The trio excluding Lawrence said in unison. At the end of the countdown the tie used as a blindfold was taken from Lawrence's face and you could see the excitement in his face and his happiness was confirmed by his hair going an orange colour. "Happy birthday BJ'' the friends said to the beaming boy.

"Oh, so this is what all of this shoving into trees was about. Thank you, guys!". Where the golden trio was sitting was a picnic blanket with all sorts of delights to the demon. There were all of his favourite snacks on them from chocolate covered beetles to worms to flies and cockroaches and more. The three "B-F-F-Fs" forever began to indulge on the interesting food choices then it was time for gifts. In one box wrapped in black and white paper was enough beetles to keep Lawrence occupied for ages. Alec and the dead beauty contest winner saw how he looked at the beetles.

"Jeez, and you wonder why people call you 'Beetle juice' instead of your actual name!?" Alec asked. They all laughed for a few seconds before Alec gave Lawrence a smaller box in the same striped wrapping paper. Lawrence gasped in shock as in the box was a gorgeous black watch with encrusted black sapphires and white diamonds, in the back of the watch face was carved "Lawrence B. Shoggoth" he was literally left speechless, and his hair went an even brighter orange colour as his happiness intensified.

"Thank you, guys, again you really shouldn't have gone to all this trouble just for today." he grinned.

After that, the sun started to set, and the trio were finally settled underneath the giant oak tree. "Well, it's not your sweet 16th every day now, is it?" Alec smiled just seconds before placing an arm on Lawrence's shoulder and dragging him down, so he was laying with his back over Alec's lap. Alec instantly began to run his free hand under Lawrence's striped suit shirt and lightly graze over his skin, causing him to burst out into a fit of raspy laughter. Lesley was quick to join in, attacking the demon's sides. Lawrence tried to push their hands away but every time he succeeded, they would just go straight back to tickling him.

"Cut it out! Please?" Lawrence pleaded in between his laughs.

"Never!" Alec smirked. After a few minutes, they finally let Lawrence up as he figured he could use some oxygen.

"Oh, so you wanna fight huh?" Lawrence asked with a dangerous look in his eye.

"Oh no, I'm so scared(!)" Alec responded sarcastically "What are you gonna do Shoggoth, hit us with a pillow?". Instantly Lawrence picked up the pillow that was underneath him and suddenly a full-blown pillow fight broke out between two young adult males. Lesley just laughed at how childish the two could act with each other but joined in anyway. They enjoyed the time before the 5 minutes was up by a voice softer than Lawrence's but similar.

"And you wonder why Mom calls you the family disappointment brother?" Donny Juice, Lawrence's brother said.

"Hey, it's not my fault that you present an overly perfect example, do you think I chose to have a little brother?" Lawrence yelled out of frustration, now being restrained by Miss Argentina and Alec to stop him attacking his brother.

"Oh I'm the big brother now and you know it!"

"I wish you never died! That way I wouldn't have to live this cruel life that is infested with you!"

"Oh, calm down Lawrence, Mom won't be happy with you if you hurt me again. Remember what happened last time?" Donny asked. Younger Betelgeuse groaned at being called 'Lawrence' but had to fight off the impulse to hit his older brother as he didn't want to be locked in a wardrobe for another 5 hours. It made for an ideal punishment since he has claustrophobia.

"Um what does he mean Beej?" Barbara asked curiously.

"Well, we sort of had a fight so I went back in the closet for five hours." Betelgeuse confessed. Everyone looked around at each other, they were clearly fed up and starting to feel a little bit down. No one had expected Betelgeuse to have had that upbringing. Back to the scene there was just Lawrence and Alec sitting underneath the tree as the dead beauty pageant winner left them. With all the stress Lawrence pulled out a packet of cigarettes and tried to light it but his lighter wouldn't work for some reason. After conjuring a dancing flame in his hand, he succeeded in lighting his cigarette. Instantly he began puffing it, enjoying the sense of relief it filled him with.

"Beej, please I hate that, and you know I do!" Alec complained, trying to get the demon, who was now leaning against the tree. The demon just gave Alec the side eyes and blew the smoke directly in his face before continuing to smoke. "Fine, I give up, if you are gonna smoke then can you at least share?" Alec asked in a more demanding tone. As the two were best pals, Betelgeuse handed the cigarette to Alec who coughed badly when he tried it.

"Still not used to it, are we Alec?" Betelgeuse mocked before purposely coughing to make fun of Alec.

"Oh, do shut up, I haven't been drinking and smoking since I was 13 like you!" he spoke in a serious tone that only just visibly surprised the demon.