Chapter 14

"Kids, Bruno is here! If you're ready come downstairs!" I hear Mari shout while I'm putting my skincare products in the suitcase. 

Lorenzo is taking Lucas, Lindsey, Bruno, Mari, and me to his new hotel in Hawaii. I would lie if I said I wasn't excited for this trip because I barely left this house and it would be a nice change of scenery. But my excitement was nothing compared to Mari's. For the whole week, she's been so cheerful and couldn't keep quiet about the trip. I chuckled at the thought and closed my suitcase.

After I made sure I got my passport with me, I walked out of my room and closed the door. I picked up my suitcase and made my way downstairs. I almost tripped when I felt someone's hand grab my wrist. I squealed and closed my eyes getting ready for the fall, but someone's arms circled around my waist, keeping me in place.

I opened my eyes and was met up with Lorenzo's chest. I looked up at him with widened eyes while his were showing worry. "Are you okay?" he whispered, our faces only inches away.

"Yeah, you just scared the life out of me" I chuckled making him smile. "I'm sorry, I just wanted to grab your suitcase so you don't have to carry it all the way to the car," he said and that's when I realized he is still holding me.

"Oh..." I gulped and as much as I wanted to stay in his arms, I pulled away so we wouldn't be late.

He took my suitcase and motioned with his head to start walking. When we got to the car Lucas and Lindsey were already there. Bruno must've picked them up before coming here. 

As I was engulfed in a hug by Lindsey, Lorenzo was putting his suitcase along with mine and Mari's into the trunk before closing it and telling us to get in the car. Soon enough Bruno started driving us to the airport and that's when my nervousness kicked in.

I traveled by plane before, when my dad would take me to Italy, but I was a child. I was always scared of flying and one time when we were coming back from Italy we got into bad turbulence and since then I try avoiding flying. But this time that wasn't possible.

Everyone got their suitcases when we arrived at the airport and made our way inside. After we've checked our tickets we got on the plane. I looked at my ticket to see where we are sitting but I felt a hand on my lower back.

I looked up to see Lorenzo already looking down at me. "We are in the first class," he said and led the way. I couldn't utter a word because of the surprise so I just kept quiet and followed him. He showed me with his hand that seat is by the window so I sat down with him falling in the seat right next to me.

"Hey! I wanted to sit with her!" Lindsey glared at Lorenzo and I tried not to laugh at the little bickering that could be heard in the plane.

"Well you can't" Lorenzo simply said which made Lindsey even angrier. "Come on sis, don't disturb the love birds" Lucas winked at me as he passed by us. I felt my face heat up so I looked out of the window praying they didn't see my blush.

"Fine. But I'll be the one sharing a room with her" she spat at him. "We'll see about that," he says and I can see from the reflection on the window that he has a smirk plastered on his face.

I hear Lindsey huff and walk away but I still keep looking out of the window. My face is so warm I'm sure it's hotter than the sun that's beaming from above. Soon we hear a voice through the speaker say we should put on our seatbelts before we take off.

I do as we're told and grab the seat as I feel my heart quicken. I keep my eyes in front of me when I feel the plane moving and take a deep breath to calm myself. 

Suddenly I feel a squeeze on my hand and look at Lorenzo who took my hand in his. "Everything will be fine" he whispers and brushes his thumb on the back of my hand. My body immediately relaxes and soon the nervousness goes away.