chapter 1

I sit by my window wondering what I wanted to do when I grow up, did I know? No sadly I hope one day to perhaps be a teacher that would be good maybe perhaps my adopted mother would finally like me. I chuckle to myself, of course she would never like me, she hates me because I'm not very lady like and unlike every girl in London and around the world I wear pants and not dresses, I am frowned upon for this but I don't mind I like who I am and I am not going to change. My thoughts are interrupted when I hear mother calling for me from down stairs. I quickly walk down the stairs.

°•°••°

"Yes mother?" I ask my mother "don't yes mother me, girl" she says glaring at me "and don't call me mother we have talked about this you are no longer my child, now are your things ready yet? Someone should be here soon to pick you up to take you to the orphanage in Avonlea" she says rushing around to get my things such as coats. Ah yes another orphanage and just when I was getting used to this place too. "Yes my things are ready" I say rolling my eyes "do not roll your eyes at me peasant, unless you want to get whipped before you leave, no? Didn't think so, now go get your things" I rushed up stairs grabbed my things and than rushed outside to wait for my ride.

•°•°

A carriage came up beside me, a woman opens the door and got out "ah you must be miss.Emmanuel I'm mrs. berry. My what very.....different clothes you have" she says looking disgusted as she said the last part. "A pleasure, and thank.......you?" I say getting in the carriage. When we are all settled I look around to see a little girl who looks to be about 5 with very beautiful blonde hair staring at me "oh...hello" say smiling warmly at her "hello my....what red hair you have" she says "mini may! Be kind to our guest" mrs.berry says to...mini may "oh its quite alright" I say chuckling slightly "no its not! Mini may it's not alright to be rude to our guest yes she has terribly red hair but that doesn't mean...." I zoned out at that point and looked out the carriage window waiting to see what my future holds in Avonlea.

—————————————————

A/N: so how did I do for my first chapter?