Chapter 2: Lingering Questions

Claire's P.O.V

What did he just say?

"Beloved?"

"Yes, Claire. But... I'll let you decide.."

"Well if we are meant for each other, I don't have much of a choice."

He looks at me with fire growing in his eyes. I touched his face having the redness of his eyes slowly fade away.

"I didn't mean it as a bad thing, Xylon."

"I know, just feeling as if you're rejecting me, kills me sometimes. But, I am letting you decide. You can choose if you want to be with me."

I don't know what to say. I'm his Beloved, I just had the best kiss of my life, and Xylon is giving me the decision to choose. But I already know my answer, yes. I guess getting to know him will help me know what I'm dealing with. Needing to freshen up, I decided to walk to the bathroom, with Xylon accompanying me.

"I'll be right outside."

He says as I head inside. I walk over to the mirror and I see new lip glosses on the counter along with lip balms, perfumes and deodorant. I wipe my pits with a tissue and I rub on some new deodorant, tropical paradise. Smells nice. I pick up some warm vanilla sugar perfume and spray it on my body. I have this similar scent in my room. Applying lip gloss, I look at myself in the mirror. Just take a deep breath Claire. You're his Beloved, be happy. But what exactly do Beloveds do? He said that he'll answer any of my questions, so why not ask, right?
Exiting the bathroom, I don't see Xylon. Thinking about what he said before about the Vampires roaming the halls, I decide to stay by the bathroom door. I think I've been standing here for two minutes,but in reality it feels like 30. Maybe he went to go talk to someone. Just breathe. I take a few steps forward, feeling my weight drift to one side, because I was standing in one place for too long.

"Human..."

I hear come from directly behind me. I'm unable to look at the Vampire because he is holding onto my body tightly. I think about my situation before I start to struggle. I feel my heartbeat increase, making me get anxious. He then starts to walk backwards, I'm guessing in the direction that he came from. Where is he taking me?

"It shouldn't hurt too much... I promise."

When he says that, I hear a small chuckle follow after it. He wants to kill me; from the way he is holding me and dragging me away from the bathroom door. Why aren't my lungs calling for help?! There isn't anyone down the hallway, from what I can see, but can't Vampires sense someone's heartbeat? If so, anyone would be able to find me, because I'm scared out of my mind.

"No! Please! Don't!"

"The more you struggle, the more painful your death will be than I promised."

Before I'm able to scream, his teeth have began to sink into my neck. Blood started to trickle down my neck and onto my dress. Scream God dammit!

"Ahhh!!!"

I finally scream, while struggling. The pain was becoming unbearable, plus I feel him start to drain me of my blood, I hit him in the groin and I'm able to break free. But due to the amount of blood loss, I fall to the floor. I tried to get myself up, but every time was a struggle and I wound up falling again.

"Maybe I'll snap your neck instead."

He says closing in on me. My hand is at my neck, trying to prevent any more blood from leaving my body. I feel my eyes begin to water, I needed someone.

"Xylon!!"

I scream hoping that he hears me. A tear falls down my face when the man starts to inch closer and closer. Please, oh please... The man grabs me by the arm that was holding my neck and leans in for a bite, but he falls to the floor, revealing Xylon behind him. When I see Xylon, I wrap my arms around him, feeling the comfort that he was providing.