Chapter 9: Vampire Schedule

Claire's P.O.V

The thought of drinking blood still lingered in my mind, as I knew it would. I would be craving this... Thick, metallic, red liquid. Nothing could change the fact that I had to drink this from now on. Xylon was right, I would feel deep sorrow. Though it's not as bad, I'm just upset how everything had changed so fast. I wish I had more time being a human, or Demon.
A tear escapes my eye as I begin to think of everything that had to change, I wipe away the tear before Xylon could notice it. Or maybe he did notice, but he didn't want to respond to it.
How could he not notice that I was upset?! Honestly, don't we know when one another is stressed or upset? How is he not acting on me? I'm fuming now!

So it's probably best if he doesn't respond to my actions or emotions, because I think I would flip out. He already has enough on his mind, because I am a new Vampire. Surely there's something he'd rather be doing than teach a new Vampire how to behave and act and drink... Blood.
I gulp at the thought of it, could I really have this much resist and so much lust for one thing? It was easy for Xylon to convince me that I could trust him, so I don't have experience with this type of feeling.

When we reach the kitchen, I take a seat and start to fidget. There's nothing I can do about this itch, only Xylon has the cure. He opens the cabinet and reaches for a cup. He grabs a glass cup the walks over to fridge only to pull out a blood bag. I turn away at the sight, but soon enough, the smell fills my nostrils forcing me to look back. I feel a strong urge to grab a hold of the cup filled with blood and chug it, but I reconsider my options. Do I want to look like a crazy lunatic? Or someone that'll be able to control?
Xylon holds the cup out to me, but instead I just stare at it, motionless. I don't want to grab it, even though my body is screaming for it. I'm afraid to drink it, I have no idea what to expect! Will I threaten him to get more? Or will I do something worse?

"You need to drink it."

I open my mouth to speak, but nothing falls out. I decide to close my mouth, as I start to feel a hole in my stomach. I feel weak, but I'm able to stand. I feel as if something from me is missing, but I can't pin point what it is. My mind focuses back on the blood that is making the room filled with its sweet scent. I can't stomach the fact that I have to drink it, so I push the thought away and go back to staring at the cup.
Xylon sets the cup down, away from me, and walks over to me with a frown on his face. When he reaches my body, he closes the distance between us. My breath slows and his pauses. He picks my chin up to look at him.

"Claire... This is your final step for transition.."

"I know... But..."

"Come here.."

He says dragging me into a room that is similar to a walk in pantry, though there isn't dry food in here. Just empty blood bags and a freezer, that you would normally see ice cream being sold out of. I look around the room while Xylon shuts the door and takes a seat. This seems like a scene out of a movie, though you would usually see this in some teen high school movie.

"Come here. Sit."

He says patting down on a chair, hoping that I would listen. I see that I don't want to be a problem, so I take a seat in the chair next to him. When I take a seat, he starts to pull up the cuff of his sleeve.

"Xyl-"

"You aren't comfortable with human blood, so here."

He takes a bite of his wrist and holds it up to my mouth. My body screams for his blood, and the resisting becomes no more. I feel my throat burn as I raise his wrist to my mouth. When I bite down on his wrist, the blood immediately flows in to my mouth and down my throat.
The warm metallic taste fills my tastebuds and I can't help but let out a small moan from satisfaction. I grip at his wrist and suck in more than I can handle. Before I could lose control, I stop myself and lick my lips. The taste of Xylons blood is sweet, and I like it. Is other blood like his?
I feel a painful sensation in my gums and I can't help but wince from pain. Xylon sees this and catches my shoulders trying to get me to focus.