Chapter 8: White Russian

Claire's P.O.V

When Xylon forces me out of the room, I feel like my heart has been ripped in two. I didn't want to leave him because I didn't want him to hurt his sister. I feel like he didn't want to hold back, that hurting his sister was the only way to release his anger. I didn't want the hate that Sage has for me to end up in sibling rivalry, I don't want to be the one to tear a family apart.
I'm crying as Dahlia is pulling me away. I can't bare the thought of any of this happening. Once I'm out of Dahlias grasp, I run. I don't know where I run to, but I run.

"Claire!!"

She screams as I make a break for it. Running down the hall, I see the walls around me go black, my vision becomes blurry and I have anger and sadness build up inside me. I run to the room where I was forced to grow into. The first place that I woke up in, my first room.
The door clicks open, and I shut it quietly behind me. I don't feel like having anyone really know where I am for the moment. I just want solitude and room to think. When I look at my surroundings, the bed is the first thing I have my eyes rest upon. Before running into the bed and wrapping myself up in the sheets, I begin to study this room. Xylon picked this room for me, for it to be placed in my hands to take care, of in the short amount of time that I was in here.

My mind begins to wander back to earlier...

I was wrapped in Xylons arms, he had me in his full embrace. Touching me in the proper places in the most perfect way. The way our legs intertwined within each other, my lips tracing his cheek bone as he slides his way through my hips...

But I'm brought back, into this empty room, of no light and complete darkness. A lump fills my throat and a burning sensation begins to form in my throat and eyes. I don't start to cry, I just melt on the floor with my face in my hands. I push the lump back and I try to breathe, it's hard, buts it's manageable.
How did I come into this situation? This whole supernatural world, the confusing creatures, Beloveds, Demons, Witches?! Everything! I'm over it, I'm so.. Over it.

Getting up from my knees that were resting on the floor, I cuddle up on the bed. I'm wrapped up in pillows and blankets.. A slight sadness flows over my body but... I don't know how to feel anymore. I just need to rest on it, think everything through.
My body grows numb and I try to sleep, but I just end up staring into complete darkness. My vision is still the way it was when I was running down the hall. My eyes are heavy and my body is numb. I want to overcome my outburst of anger, but, I also need Xylon to hear me out on this. Because it is his family, it will always be a touchy subject. But that's why I don't want her to come in between us. I don't want the hatred she has for me to affect our relationship, it's not fair to her relationship with her brother.

"Claire!!"

I hear Xylon yell my name. But I don't respond to it, my body is numb and tired. I can't move my muscles, because I'll just collapse on the floor and sob. My body should succumb to the darkness, I just have to give it time.

"Claire!!!"

The yelling is getting louder, but it's fading.
Don't fall asleep!
My mind is screaming to me. But, it'll let all the pain go, why should I wait?

"Guards! Find her! She hasn't left, she's still somewhere here!"

Thinking about what he is screaming to almost everyone, I have to wonder, is finding me that important?

'Please! Claire! Let me find you!'

'I can't.. I can't be here and wait for it to better, when everything you did tonight proved that violence is your only answer! She's your family, if she doesn't like me, then so be it.'