Chapter 16: False Hope

Claire's P.O.V

Once I knew that I was completely alone, thought and all, I begin to talk to my baby. The baby that is safe, for now, and unknown about only here. I kind of am glad that Xylon reached me and told me to lie, because without that guidance, I'm sure the Jesiah would of been rid of the baby.
My body shudders at the thought of someone hurting my child, Xylon and mines child. I push the thought away with whatever mentality that I have left and begin to think about the baby.

"You are going to be a great thing for us, I'll love you no matter what."

I whisper, in case if anyone was pressing their ears to the door. There is complete silence as I think of what I said. I'm glad I have my thoughts to myself, and to Xylon. No one can manipulate me, because I literally have that voice of reason. He knows to always break through and speak to me, without it, I begin to lose my mind.

"I wish I knew if you could hear me or not..."

I decide to get up from where I was, and take a nap. I don't need to face anyone if I am asleep, plus I am tired. The bed I was given here is twenty times better than the metal one, in that hot ass room.

My eyes close quickly, and soon I'm wrapped in a dream. A dream that no one could tell me what to do, where I am my own person with no boundaries. I went back to the time when I was a child, I watched my father from the side of the road, as he went into the road to grab my toy. Then my dream switched to when I saw my mother, she was holding me as if I would run away from her. I loved both of my parents, and I knew they gave me a specific reason to live. I mean, just look at how the past months have gone. I found out as much crazy information as one could absorb, and I am a part of the craziness.
Xylon creeps into my mind and I know it isn't a dream of him, but an actual form of him in my head. He is here to comfort me on the fight that I had with Jesiah, I just need to be wrapped in Xylons arms. Not the dream, but in actual time. I want to be able to kiss him, and know that I will be waking up to his face. But I won't, I am stuck in this hell hole, with someone that I thought would have class. Instead, he turns out to be some creepy pedophile, that likes to steal girls from their boyfriends and claim them as his fiancé.

"Claire."

"Hey."

We walk to each other in a fast paced motion, to see if there is any connection when we touch. But not this time, this time I feel Xylon as someone cold and distant. I want to be able to feel his warmth, but not here. He said because I am far from his reach, we won't feel the warmth that we always felt. I miss the touch of his hands on my waist. But now, I'm subject to a chill on my body, that has me going nuts.

"Claire, you're becoming more pregnant, I'd advise you to go shopping when you can. Try to only buy those types of dresses. If you were able to dodge them about your pregnancy, I'm sure you keep up the act."

"I know, and I am already ahead of you, as soon as I wake up, I'm going to ask nicely to go shopping for new clothes. I just hope he doesn't resent me and deny my request."

"He can't, if he is a true King, he has to respect his fiancé to the extent. That's why he didn't lay a hand on you, because he cannot. So you should be okay, he has to make you happy. I don't have to, I just choose to because you make me happy. I am just doing the same for you."

I rest my head on Xylons shoulder and I take in the moment. This is all I will get until I reunite with Xylon. Got to make it count while it lasts right?

"Claire, nightfall is coming. You need to prepare yourself. I'll talk to you when I can, please, refrain from making bad decisions."

He lifts my chin up to give me a kiss, that in a way, felt like it wasn't permitted. There was a zap upon my lips, but thankfully it wasn't that bad of a zap. I didn't feel like parting from the kiss that was happening between us, so I let the zapping continue.