Chapter 5: Delusionally Secure

Claire's P.O.V

"Zavie and I are going to the blood bank first, then we are going to the mall."

Dahlia says with a sweet smile on her face. She put her hair in beautiful bouncy curls and wore a peach colored maxi dress with gold heels and gold jewelry. I see her nails match her dress and a purple/beige handbag resting at her side.

"You look beautiful Claire."

Dahlia says. I look at her and can't help but smile, not once when I've seen her, has she been frowning.

"Thank you... You too. Look... beautiful."

Could I say that more like a retard? We exchange our last set of smiles before the doors opened and the sunlight poured in. Seeing Xylon in the sun, for some reason, I expected him to glitter. But he doesn't. He looks like he looked two minutes ago; dark hair, olive toned skin, and grey eyes. I can't help but look at him, studying his facial features, basking in his beauty. I wonder if he does that to me when I'm sleeping...

"You get to decide which car we take.."

He says snapping me out of my fantasy. I could honestly just sit down and stare at him; if he were a god, I would probably choose to worship him.

"What kind of cars do your have?"

"Well, I have an Acura Rsx that is black. I also have silver Infinity G35 and a blue Maserati."

"Ooh, so much to choose from..."

I say clapping my hands together.

"Can I see them?"

I ask looking up at him. He looks at me with eyes wider than mine when Sage was baring her teeth at me. He then nods and lead the way over to the cars. I can say, I'm excited to see the cars. When I lived with my parents, my dad would always have a new car every month. When I received my license, he began asking what kind of cars I liked. Each month I would have a new car, I finally told him I just wanted to drive my Maserati. He stopped getting me new cars, and let me keep my baby.
When we arrive in front of the cars, I immediately lock eyes with the Maserati, it is the same color of blue that my car was. I walk towards the drivers side of the car and I hold my hand out.

"Can I get the keys?"

I ask sweetly and not even looking at him. I swear, my eyes are locked on the car, can't take them off.

"You... Want to drive?"

When I look at him, he has a raised brow and a confused look plastered on his face.

"I had a Maserati. My dad bought it for me, same color, model, make, year. I swear. Please can I drive it?"

He looks at me with a smile growing on his face.

"Alright, let me get the keys."

After he gets the keys and gives me them, I get in the car and strap myself in. When Xylon gets in the car and closes the door, I turn his face towards mine with my index finger, and I kiss him.

"Thank you."

I say turning to put the keys in the ignition. Once the car is started, I let my body become familiar with the car. The rumble of the engine, the softness of these leather seats. I grip at the steering wheel then let go, feeling relaxed. I shift the gear in reverse and I back up with a K-turn. Once I'm facing the gate, I slowly approach it. I wait for it to open; once open, I drive out the gates and zoom down the road. My hand rests nicely on the center console while my left hand is on the wheel. This car is super easy to drive, well, for me it is.
Xylon grabs a hold of my hand, and if it were two days ago, I think I would of killed us both by now. My heart still races, by now I know he knows that, and him holding my hand is making my heart go nuts! I want to spend all the time in the world with him, I want him to be at my side, I don't want him to leave me... I sound like a lunatic..
But, this is how Beloveds act... Right?