Make me (Jake x jealous!MC, ⚠️ 16+)

TW: blood & hints of selfharm.
______

From time to time, relationships went wrong with Jake.

He was increasingly lingering on his unusual work. But that was nothing, she could understand that. In this special department, there was no concept of "work schedule" at all. So when, after a couple of days delay, Jake returned and collapsed somewhere (most often on the couch in the office room), Anna sighed, covered him with a blanket, and went to check the first-aid kit - because she knew that the chance that he would spend the next day in the company of a migraine was incredibly high.

Jake had finally settled into a peaceful life without constantly running from unseen pursuers. Sometimes - on his rare days off - they even went out for a walk around the town, distracting themselves from the addictive routine and seemingly enjoying each other's company. But that's where the problems started.

First of all, Jake was nice.

No, not like that. Jake was too nice.

Anna still couldn't tell if he was doing it on purpose or if it was some kind of innate charm, but he attracted the eyes of the people around him and captured their attention at first glance. She remembered him picking her up at work at the beginning of their dating... And he walked into her department surrounded by a whole bunch of girls. Anna stared at this picture for half a minute, then glanced at the mirror and, using the fact that she was working on the first floor, slipped out of the window and hid in the courtyard.

Jake is charming in every word and movement. And many of those students, too - not like Jessy, but still. And she is... If Anna, with her little curls and black circles under her eyes, were anywhere near, she wouldn't even be noticed. Jake actually didn't notice.

It was dark when he got home. Anna, hearing the door creak, rubbed her eyes, trying to get rid of the tears. She was just sitting there, caring a furry cat, not worrying about Jake and their relationship.

"Anna?" He came up almost noiselessly, put a hand on her shoulder. She flinched, but didn't turn around. "So you're home..."

"Does that upset you?"

"To be honest, I thought we'd be spending the evening together. I stopped by your office, but I think we just missed each other. Then I searched the town.

"You could have called."

"You left your bag in the office. And you always have your phone in your bag," Jake sat down in a chair on the opposite side to get a better view of Anna. "Did I do something that made you angry? Your voice is not the same as usual."

"I'm fine. So... What were you talking about so sweetly with Hannah?"

"With Hannah? We haven't spoken in a long time."

Anna tilted her head even more to prevent him from seeing.

"I mean that cute blonde in the hallway. Hannah Write. Her friend is hanging on your arm."

"I think the version 'embarrassed, snuggling up to you, like in the subway during rush hour' sounds a little more correct... Anna, are you jealous?

"Never," she muttered, turning her attention back to the cat.

Jake laughed softly.

"What's so funny?"

He got up from his seat, walked over to her again, and gently took her hand.