chapter 3: talking to our mother

I decided to try and talk to Matt again. Hopefully this goes better then earlier.

me: Matt, can i talk to you again?

matt: If it's about dad then no.

me: please? Jenny wont go unless you do.

matt: good then i guess no ones going. I don't see why you would even want to find him after he left us.

me: Actually John's going and it's because i want to know if he regrets leaving us and also i want to see if he ever thinks about us. 

matt: If he regrets it then he would of came back.

me: Please matt! Cant you just atleast think about it? I mean do you really want your little brother and sister traveling wherever alone?

matt: I'll think about it but until i come to you with an answer, leave me alone.

me: Okay but just remember, everyone deserves a second chance.

I really hope Matt agrees to come along on the trip so Jenny will come as well. It's better if we all go along and my dad sees all of us. It might make some sort of difference.

I really have to think about how i'm going to tell my mother though. I went upstairs and asked John if he wanted to go out for lunch and he agreed to come along.

At the restaraunt we ordered our food. I got a hamburger with a side of fries with bacon and cheese on them and John got a 6 piece chicken with a side of fries and ketchup.

While we were waiting for our food i decided to ask John how we would tell mom. John was trying to think and said well i say we just come right out and say it.

All of a sudden it hit me. I decided we should write our mother a note so she wouldn't intrupt us while we were speaking and John agreed to the idea.

We got our food and finished to eat our food. I went and paid the tab when we were finished  and we headed home.

I saw Matt sitting on the couch in the living room so i decided to ask him if he was done thinking about it because me and John really wanted to start writing that letter.

Matt looked at me like he didn't really want to go but end up saying yes but only if mom agrees. I was so excited so i ran upstairs to jenny's room and told her matt said yes so she agreed as well.

We all got together in my room and decided what we would write.

"Dear mom,

                     You know how much we love you and how we would do anything for you but sometimes we really need a male figure in our life. Theres so many unanswered questions that we would like to ask dad himself so it would really mean alot to us if you let us go and find dad for our summer vacation. I know you may not like the idea but you really have to understand that this is what we need and even if things don't go well, well atleast we'll have closure. Your still going to be the most important person in our life because you gave us so much and did it all by yourself so for that no one could ever take your place. So please just think about it and let us know an answer by next week

                                                                                                  Love, Matt, John, Stacee and Jenny"

We left the note in the mail box when we were done and waitied for our mom to get home from work.

When she got home she said hi to us and then continued to check the mail. We were all sitting there nervous. 

Finally she got to our letter and read it. She looked at us and said you guys cant be serious. Theres no way yens are going anywhere by yourselves for the summer.

me: But mom why not?

mom: You guys wouldn't even know where to look so no it's not happening..end of story.

matt: come on mom. It would be good for us.

mom: I said no. Now i don't want to hear another word about it.

John: Well we're old enough.

mom: Fine i cant stop you and matt from going but i can sure as hell stop Stacey and Jenny from going.

me: Mom that's not fair and i'll be 18 next month.

mom: Well your not 18 yet. Oh Matt and John if you two decide to go through with this then you might as well find anohter place to live.

john: that's messed up.

mom: I don't care. Now all 4 of you can cook your own dinner. I'm going to bed. I had a long day and then i come home to this.

So that didn't go so well. I cant believe she was being so mean about the situation. I mean it's not like we were going to go find our dad and never come back.