Chapter 5: Going to New York

Everyone woke up and one by one we took our showers and started packing. After we were all done, we headed downstairs for some breakfast. Mom made us some choclate chip pancakes and a few strips of bacon.

My mom is definitely the best cook I know. While we were eating our breakfast, mom decided she would pack us a lunch and some snacks to take with us on our way to see dad.

I could tell she was still upset but after what she did, she had no choice but to let us go. We all let my mother know that we forgave her.

After breakfast we sat down and watched some tv for a little to let our stomachs settle. We always got really full after eating mom's meals because we'd keep grabbing more and more.

Alex, John, Jenny and I made sure we had everything. We walked over to out mother who was waiting for us by the door. I could tell she didn't want us to go because she's afraid we wont come back but we all know we're coming back.

We gave mom a big hug and kiss. She walked us to Matt's car and gave us another hug that lasted what seemed like forever.

Finally we were driving off and waving goodbye to our mother who was doing the same.

We had enough gas to get to our father's house so we decided we werent going to stop for anything unless one of us had to use a bathroom. 

We all went to the bathroom before we left the house but John and Jenny have probably the worlds smallest bladder. They atleast had to go every half an hour.

Without any stops it would only take us an hour to get to our dad's place.

While Matt was playing the radio and John and Jenny were playing padiddle, I was just sitting there thinking. I was so nervous to see my dad for the first time in years.

We would have called him to let him know we were coming but we didn't have his newest number.

I surely hope his wife and daughter arent going to be mad about us coming. I really don't think his daughter would be mad considering the fact she's only five years old. She would probably be happy to find out she has two sisters and two brothers.

I dozed off for a little bit because I barely got any sleep last night. I stayed up most of the night thinking about today.

Before I knew it we were in New York. The city looked just as I imagined it would.

We decided to stop at a little restaraunt to figure out how we would handle this and what we would say to him.

Matt: Alright heres what we're gonna do. We're gonna knock on the door and if his reaction is a good one then we have a conversation with him and see where it goes from there and we'll tell him about the letters. 

Jenny: What if it goes terribly wrong?

Matt: Well then we just leave and forget it ever happened.

We got back into the car and Matt turned on his gps and typed in the adress as it lead us to where we were going.

The stupid gps took us in the wrong direction at first but finally we ended up in the right place.

We sat in the car for a few minutes to pace ourselves then finally got out and headed towards the door of the apartment.

From outside the apartment didn't look that nice nor did it look all that big. Now I was starting to think there wouldn't be any room for us.

We pulled the door but it wouldn't open. The door was locked. We didn't want to speak through the speaker thingy because we wanted him to face us face to face.

After about thirty minutes of waiting for somebody to come out so we could get in, we were in.

We walked up about three flights of stairs and looked at the room numbers so we knew we had the right one. 

We all paused and looked at eachother for a moment and gave eachother a look that read "Are we sure we really wanna do this". 

Finally we knocked and there was our dad just staring at us with a shocked look on his face.