BIOGRAPHY OF JOKER

Character biography. The Joker has undergone many revisions since his 1940 debut. The most common interpretation of the character is that he is disguised as the criminal Red Hood and pursued by Batman. ... His resulting disfigurement led him to adopt the name "Joker", from the playing card figure he came to resemble.

GENERAL INFORMATIONREAL NAME:Unknown (mainstream continuity)Jack Napier (White Knight, Gotham Noir)Martha Wayne (Flashpoint)FIRST APPEARANCE:Batman #1 (Spring 1940)CREATED BY:Bill Finger (writer)Jerry Robinson (artist)AFFILIATIONS:Injustice GangIn...

GENERAL INFORMATION
REAL NAME:
Unknown (mainstream continuity)
Jack Napier (White Knight, Gotham Noir)
Martha Wayne (Flashpoint)
FIRST APPEARANCE:
Batman #1 (Spring 1940)
CREATED BY:
Bill Finger (writer)
Jerry Robinson (artist)
AFFILIATIONS:
Injustice Gang
Injustice League
Justice League of Arkham
ABILITIES:
Genius intellect
Brilliant chemist and inventor
Arsenal of comedy-themed gadgets
Deception
Expert hand-to-hand combatant

The Joker is a supervillain who appears in American comic books published by DC Comics. The Joker was created by Bill Finger, Bob Kane, and Jerry Robinson and first appeared in the debut issue of the comic book Batman on April 25, 1940. Credit for the Joker's creation is disputed; Kane and Robinson claimed responsibility for the Joker's design while acknowledging Finger's writing contribution. Although the Joker was planned to be killed off during his initial appearance, he was spared by editorial intervention, allowing the character to endure as the archenemy of the superhero Batman.