𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥.

❝ don't you think the cecilias here are really pretty? ❞

the urge to finish the clothes had left her mind the moment kaeya had smiled at her

the urge to finish the clothes had left her mind the moment kaeya had smiled at her. before y/n could even tell him that she would like to go to starsnatch cliff, he pulled her out of her seat.

his bright smile was replaced by a sly grin. "your face gave it away. you're not very good at hiding your excitement." then he started walking out. y/n, who was in a daze, shook her head and trailed behind him.

and so, they walked out of mondstadt. past the two guards at the front gate, who were on the verge of falling asleep. past the pigeons on the bridge, who were sleeping- kaeya had to hold y/n back from chasing the birds away. past a couple of hilichurls, some awake and dancing, others sleeping soundly.

y/n saw a couple of fireflies. she jogged towards them in hopes of catching some of them. unfortunately she didn't notice the hilichurl sleeping in the grass and almost stepped on it. kaeya had grabbed her wrist and pulled her back before she could. she apologized for not paying attention and he told her it was alright. but afterwards he didn't let go of her wrist. he held it gently to make sure she didn't stray off.

the moon was shining brighter than usual tonight. there was some small talk here and there. but for the most part they walked in silence enjoying the comfortable silence.

kaeya looked to his side at the girl. y/n had a small smile on her face, a sharp contrast to the blank face she had most of the time.

it reminded him of the first time he met her. not outside angel's share with venti, but before that.

-

it was a couple months ago, shortly before aether and paimon had arrived. stormterror was terrorizing mondstadt earlier that day. the calvary captain was on duty to help citizens stay safe and away from the strong winds. after stormterror had fled, kaeya looked down at his clothes. there were many small tears in them due to the wind.