22.

Madison

"Look at you." Gi spoke, wrapping his arms around me from behind as we stood in my room's mirror and I was now completely naked like he'd asked.

"You see how beautiful you are.

"Gi." I whined to him nervously, placing my hands over my boobs.

"Nah, uncover yourself." He pulled my hands away, making me laugh.

"Stop, Gi."

"Nah. Real shit, look." He spat sternly, wanting me to stop playing with me.

"Look at how pretty you are, baby."

"You see?" He went on and I blushed hard from his compliments.

"Yes, I see." I smiled small as he rubbed his hands over my waist now, trailing them up to my stomach.

He'd made me take all of my clothes off and stand here to look at myself. I had patches and burns all over my body now but even still, he was telling me how pretty he thought I was.

He didn't even know it but he was making me feel like the prettiest girl in the world right now.

Patches and all.

That's what was making me want to cry most.

"My wife." He went on saying for the millionth time since he's been here, making me bite the inside of my cheeks to keep from crying again.

When hadn't spoke for a month and we were both being petty but he was still in love with me, just as deep as I was still in love with him.

"Stop cryin'." He told me, looking into my eyes through the mirror as tears reluctantly fell from my checks. I then turned to him and wrapped my arms around his neck as he slightly bent down a bit to my level.

"What I say?"

"You ain't got to cry, ma." He spoke softly to me as I mushed my head into the crook of his neck.

I was honestly feeling so stupid for my decisions in this moment.

I was broken and in a dark place when I started using the cream because of what had happened at the game then us falling out just one day afterwards. At the time, I thought I was doing something good but now seeing what it resulted in, it broke my heart.

Before all of this, I loved myself. As much as I could at least and he thought I was beautiful too so that was all that matter.

I'd just gotten blindsided for a while by his mom's hateful words.

Now I was full of regret.

"I feel stupid." I admitted to him with my face hidden in his neck and I could feel him shaking his head.

"Shit don't matter."

"I feel stupid too." He joked, making me smile once we pulled back from each other.

"A nigga was about to quit his job bout' an hour ago." He went on saying as I looked down at my hands.

"I guess we were both being stupid, huh?" I looked up into his eyes.

"I guess so, baby."

We both stayed quiet a while as we reflected on all the mess we'd been through the past month. It seemed as if everything just unfolded and went to turmoil.

But we both knew it needed to happen. All the lies, all the insecurities I had within myself needed to be surfaced.

"Look." He started again, looking deeply into my eyes.