Chapter 8

It's now Friday night, and I'm backstage at some new WWE hosted talk show; WWE Backstage. Renee and former WWE superstar Christian are my hosts tonight, and they're getting ready to sit down with me and talk about my best matches and all things WWE. It'll be nice to get away from reality.

I can't help but fidget with the long sleeves of my burgundy short skater dress as the make-up artist continues to work. It's either that or I start bouncing my leg to hear the heel of my black high heel Timberlands click. Nina pulls away from working on my face for a bit and I take that chance to look down as I scratch at my legs through the fishnets. Nina gives me the okay and I stand up, grabbing my leather jacket and pulling it on, leaving it unzipped.

 Nina gives me the okay and I stand up, grabbing my leather jacket and pulling it on, leaving it unzipped

My hair is already done, they're letting it stay natural. I make my way to the entrance, which is that of an actual ring entrance. I'm given my cue and come out to my music, smiling and dancing a little. I even blow a kiss to Christian before I take my seat.

"Wow, it's so good to see that again," Renee exclaims, causing me to laugh.

"No she's right. Your presence has been missed." I look over to Christian, seeing his smiling face looking at me. "Welcome back, by the way. That was a crazy return."

I laugh a little. "Thank you, both of you. It honestly means a lot coming from you. It's interesting being back." I was given the okay to openly discuss the possibility of me leaving the company, and as far as I know, I'm the only one who knows that.

"Just interesting," Christian asks. "I would've expected you to say you're thrilled to be back."

"During our interview earlier this week, which'll air Monday on RAW, you never actually said you're happy to be back, but you are, right?"

I cross a leg over the other, sighing. "I wish I could say I'm thrilled. I'm only happy that I'm doing something instead of sitting out. Thing is..." I shake my head. "Wrestling isn't giving me the same thrill it did. Wrestling isn't...what it was for me, now. Honestly, I don't know how long my time in the company, as well as the wrestling world will be this time around."

Shocked expressions come over both of their faces. I nod as Christian recovers first. "I understand where you're coming from, but it's never easy when you first come back from an injury."

I shrug. "I don't know, maybe you're right. Maybe in a few months time, I'll be okay again. I'll be thrilled, and getting a high off of wrestling again. But maybe not." I nod as Renee finally recovers. "If it isn't... I don't think I can keep doing this."

"But-I-" Renee shakes her head. "Isn't this your dream?"

Christian nods. "Interviews back in NXT, I remember watching you as you were saying this was it for you. You said you'd tried other things, and they didn't fit you. But being in the ring feels like being home."

"Felt," I correct Christian. "It felt like being home. Now it just feels like I shouldn't be there."

Silence surrounds us for a moment before Renee clears her throat, and we continue on.

--------------------------------------