Chapter 8

"Girl, wake up! We had a three day weekend and you still wanna sleep." Ariella shook me out of my sleep.

"OKAY! I'm up! Christ." I said sitting up in bed. I did my normal morning routine- which took about an hour- and headed downstairs.

"Celest, are you forgetting something?" My dad said right before I left out the door. I had left my whole book bag on the floor by the door.

"Oh... right." I said as I turned back to grab my bag. Today, Mario's dad had come to take us all to school.

"Good morning Mr.Perez." I said to him as I entered the car.

"Good morning girls." He greeted us.

"Hey Julian." I said as I scooted closer to him.

"Hey beautiful." He smiled, making me blush.

"Dad, can they stay at our house tonight? I have no other friends." Mario pleaded.

"If it's okay with their parents I guess so." Mario's dad shrugged, pulling into the parking lot.

"Well if my dad says yes, I wont get there until a little later. I have an interview today." I explained.

"Well I just texted both of our parents and they said yes, so we're going." Ariella said. It amazed me how fast she could be when she wanted to do something.

"Okay well my dad wouldn't care." Julian shrugged.

"Okay, y'all like lasagna?" Mr.Perez asked.

"Yes!" we all said in unison.

"Alright get out of my car! Have fun." Mr.Perez joked. As the day went by I kept seeing Nicole. She gave me dirty looks and if she was close enough, she would harshly brush her shoulder against mine. To be honest it didn't phase me. I knew she was just in her feelings because I had what she wanted.

When I arrived at Windsor I was greeted by a nice girl.

"Hi I'm Caroline. The boss isn't in today so I'll be interviewing you." She smiled.

"Hi Caroline, I'm Celest." I shook her hand. I think the interview went well, because Caroline hired me on the spot.

"When can you start?" She said cheerfully.

"Tomorrow at 5?" I smiled back. I was happy I could finally make my own money without having to wash dishes or clean my room. Of course I'll still wash dishes and clean my room but now if I don't, I have an excuse. As I was walking down the street to Mario's house, I thought about my mom- again. I thought about how even though I never saw her until recently, she was always with me. I began to question how a newborn could have survived a car crash like that. I also questioned why I couldn't see my mothers angel until now.

Right then as if in a queue, my mother appeared beside me.

"Don't question the work of God. You survived for a very good reason. If I had survived I would not be able to help you the way I help you now. God has work for you, but you shouldn't question it. God knows what he is doing." She said as she walked with me.

"Thanks mom." I said as she faded away. Once she was gone, I knocked on Mario's front door, and to my surprise Meleny opened the door.

"Oh Meleny! What are you doing here?" I asked her.

"I could ask you the same thing." She remarked. I remember my mom telling me to look at her spirit.

"One second let me put my glasses on." I excused myself. I reached into my bag and pulled out my mom's glasses. On the inside of the left handle, there were gold letters that said, 'O is for the only one I see..." I put them on and was shocked by the evil that was dripping off of the being standing in front of me.

"Meleny stop being such a shrew and let the girl in. This is Mario's friend Celest. Celest this is Meleny, my half sister."