Chapter 3

"Celest, what happened!" Julian inquired, helping me off of the floor.

"I don't know.... It was like.... I saw my mom. Should I be scared? Usually people don't start seeing dead loved ones until they are close to dying... Oh God I'm dying." I rambled.

"Celest, if you were dying, seeing an angel, especially your mother, would have been your ticket out of here. Calm down." Ariella reassured.

"Yeah, but how can you dream of something you've never seen?" Mario questioned. I was just as confused as they were.

"I don't think it was a dream. I could feel it and it didn't feel like a dream. It felt so warm and comforting... almost like a heaven of some sort.." I trailed off

"Yeah, I think you hit your head a little hard on that water fountain..." Mario mentioned. I reached for my head and I didn't feel any pain. I had a lot of questions though. What was going to happen now that I had seen my mom? Why did it happen here in the hallway while I was alone?

"All you saw was your mom?" Ariella asked, sounding confused. Julian had stepped off down the hallway to call my dad.

"I saw my mom and my dad in the dining room of our old house. She was pregnant with me and my dad said I was going to be beautiful just like her. That's how I know it wasn't a dream! How could I dream about something that happened before I was born?" I explained to Ariella.

"Celest, your dad said he's on his way to pick us all up. We're going to the hospital." Julian said rubbing my shoulder.

"I think you guys should stay here. I'll go with my dad. I'm fine anyways, not even hurting!" I said while standing up. I knew i had ruined the fun night we were all having, but like any good best friends, they insisted that they come with me.

When my dad arrived, I sat in the front seat while Mario, Ariella and Julian sat in the back seat.

"Celest you okay? I figured you would be uncomfortable sitting in a hospital in a dress, so I brought you a change of clothes. And your aunt grabbed the clothes Julian's dad left for him and Mario. And some clothes for Ariella. She's following us. Are you sure you're okay Celest?" My dad rambled in a worried tone.

"Dad I'm okay, really. I'll be even better if you stop stress speeding. I don't even remember falling!" I giggled. He looked at me, clearly not amused, so I brought my light laughter to a halt. My dad always got so anxious when I was hurt, but I'm not hurt.

"Yeah well you hit your head pretty hard on that water fountain. And I just want to make sure you're okay. So we're going." He said matter of factly.

When we arrived I realized that my friends had not said a word to me. I felt really bad for ruining their homecoming night. I had bought some money with me and since there was a McDonald's right across the way from the hospital, I decided I'd buy what they wanted. After they told me what they wanted, I asked my Uncle Chris if he would go get it. Now I could say I had both my uncle and my father wrapped around my finger, but I'm not spoiled.

Julian sat beside me munching his fries, while I ate my chicken nuggets. The waiting room was rather empty besides one woman who sat near the corner reading a book. Ariella sat across from us sharing their food, like any cute couple would. I started to think about what it would be like to fall in love with someone.

As if he was reading my thoughts, Julian shifted in his chair to talk to me.

"Hey Celest, this probably isn't the best time to say this but feelings know no boundaries, so I'm just going to get it off of my chest. I really like you. As more than just a friend. I like your attitude towards people and your aura is just so happy and bright. I asked you to home coming because I wanted you to know this but I was too nervous to tell you. I want us to be more than friends." He explained, only loud enough for me to hear.

I wanted everything he wanted, but me being unsure and stubborn, I giggled lightly and laid my head on his shoulder. "I'll think about it Julian."

Just as I was finishing Julian's sprite I was called to the doctors room.

"I hear there was a fall. How are you feeling?" The pretty light skinned nurse asked.

"To be honest I feel fine and I'm not in any pain! I don't even remember falling!" I explained. Maybe saying that i didn't remember the fall wasn't a great idea.
"You.... don't remember? Do you remember anything before that?" She questioned. I was starting to regret even going to homecoming. If I had to explain this to someone one more time, I'd scream.

"Yes I remember everything. Trust me." I assured her

"So what happened before the fall?" She asked while checking my heart rate. After I explained for the one hundredth time tonight, she gave me a faint concerned look.

"Well you're physically fine so there is nothing we can do for you if you say you feel fine..." She explained as she typed on her computer. "But I would suggest you find a professional to talk to about your experience." She continued. Soon I was free to go home.

When I explained her suggestions to my dad, I also explained why I didn't need them. By that time we were all back at my house, and we were tired. As I prepared to get in the bed I heard my phone let off a small vibration and saw it was Julian texting me...