XVIII. - "It's A Battle Among Gods Huh?"

Fukuhara Sumiko POV

"FUCK!"

I hissed as a bullet pierced through my arm. I've been through at least 5 missions now ever since I got back from the internships. The President was merciless with sending me away, waiting for me to prove my loyalty and skills as I graciously offered myself up in Keigo's place.

I glared at Matsuda's reflection in the mirror in front of me. It was my fault though, I underestimated him. At the sound of his gun clicking, I smirked, emerging from my hiding spot.

"Guess you're out of bullets huh?" The man in front of me started cowering and pleading for his life.

My earpiece coming to life with a static, "Kill him."

I stared at Matsuda with lifeless eyes, "Yes, President," Shooting him in the chest three times, like I did with my previous targets.

"Good work, Nyx. Report back to HQ tomorrow."

---

I jolted in my seat as Shoto kicked my feet, motioning me to pay attention in class. Ectoplasm Sensei was discussing about advanced calculus, but I already know about it. What's bothering me aside from my lack of sleep was the gunshot wound on my arm. I already took the bullet out last night and stitched it in my room, but damn did it hurt. I was careful not to use it much, but tried to act normal before anyone else notices. I've also been wearing make up for the past few days to hide my fatigue and the bags under my eyes. I didn't want anyone to worry, though it's a bit suspicious at first since I'm not actually one to wear make up.

The squad and I were on our way to the cafeteria when I bumped into Hitoshi with my injured side, making me bite my lip to prevent from hissing.

"Oh Miko, you're wearing make up now?"

We've gotten closer ever since the Sports Festival and even exchanged numbers and sent memes and pictures of our cats to each other. He even acknowledges me as his twin now which honestly made me all happy.

"Of course bro, I'm a girl too you know." I rolled my eyes, playfully punching his shoulder.

Gasping as an arm gripped my waist and pulled me back to a hard chest. I didn't need to turn around to know it was Shoto, but I still did. He was staring at Hitoshi with narrowed eyes, "Sumi, the others are waiting at the table."

Hitoshi glanced at us back and forth with an amused face, nodding at me, "Go ahead sis, don't keep lover boy waiting."

Flustered, I opened my mouth to retort but he was already walking away, saluting Shoto as he did so, the latter guiding me to our table.

"I didn't know you and that Gen. Ed. kid were close," He commented, eyeing me.

I hummed, "Yeah, I kind of declared being twins with him when we first met. We clicked ever since."

"So, you just have a platonic relationship?"

"Well, yeah, we did call each other bro and sis earlier," He sighed in relief, letting go of the topic. What's up with him?

"Uh, Sho, I still need to get my food, you can let go of me now."

Instead of loosening his grip, he held me tightly, "I already got yours, it's on the table with the others."

My mouth formed an 'o', blushing at his actions, "That's so sweet of you Sho, thanks!"

---

Shoto asked, "How do you think you did in the finals?" fixing his bracelet as it turned to his wrist cuff temperature regulator.